Woman speared with umbrella outside nightclub
A YOUNG woman was left with a serious neck wound after reportedly being speared by an umbrella in an attack in Muswell Hill on Friday night. Paramedics rushed to the Broadway at around 10.30pm to reports of a 23-year-old woman being stabbed in the neck.
A YOUNG woman was left with a serious neck wound after reportedly being speared by an umbrella in an attack in Muswell Hill on Friday night.
Paramedics rushed to the Broadway at around 10.30pm to reports of a 23-year-old woman being stabbed in the neck.
The Ham&High Broadway understands the weapon used to attack the victim was an umbrella but a police spokeswoman would not confirm this officially saying that 'it was one line of enquiry'.
Police say their initial enquires point to the victim's injury being caused by 'an object being thrown'.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was rushed to hospital by ambulance where she underwent emergency surgery. Her condition has been described as stable.
Another 23-year-old woman was left with a facial injury after the fracas.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
DC Jane Fluckiger, the investigating officer from Haringey CID, said: "We need to speak to anyone who saw this incident."
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance service said: "We were called just after 10.30pm on Friday evening to reports of a stabbing on Muswell Hill Broadway, and sent an ambulance crew, a first aider in a car, an officer and a doctor to the scene.
"One patient was treated and taken to hospital."
Anyone with information should call 020-8345 0831 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
o A 23-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and bailed to return to Hornsey Police station in January 2010.