Woman speared with umbrella outside nightclub
A YOUNG woman was left with a serious neck wound after reportedly being speared by an umbrella in an attack in Muswell Hill on Friday night. Paramedics rushed to the Broadway at around 10.30pm to reports of a 23-year-old woman being stabbed in the neck.
A YOUNG woman was left with a serious neck wound after reportedly being speared by an umbrella in an attack in Muswell Hill on Friday night.
Paramedics rushed to the Broadway at around 10.30pm to reports of a 23-year-old woman being stabbed in the neck.
The Ham&High Broadway understands the weapon used to attack the victim was an umbrella but a police spokeswoman would not confirm this officially saying that 'it was one line of enquiry'.
Police say their initial enquires point to the victim's injury being caused by 'an object being thrown'.
The victim was rushed to hospital by ambulance where she underwent emergency surgery. Her condition has been described as stable.
Another 23-year-old woman was left with a facial injury after the fracas.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 2 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 3 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 4 'Looking for '70s or '80s clothing? Here is a north London gem'
- 5 Three dogs saved from Swiss Cottage flat fire
- 6 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 7 Hundreds march against male violence in Haringey
- 8 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 9 CCTV: ‘Violent’ Archway Road shop robbery
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
DC Jane Fluckiger, the investigating officer from Haringey CID, said: "We need to speak to anyone who saw this incident."
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance service said: "We were called just after 10.30pm on Friday evening to reports of a stabbing on Muswell Hill Broadway, and sent an ambulance crew, a first aider in a car, an officer and a doctor to the scene.
"One patient was treated and taken to hospital."
Anyone with information should call 020-8345 0831 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
o A 23-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and bailed to return to Hornsey Police station in January 2010.