Woman seriously injured after being thrown into air in collision with car in Maida Vale
- Credit: Archant
The woman, aged 24, is still being treated in hospital for “life-changing injuries” five days after the crash in Elgin Avenue.
A Met Police spokesman said: “She was thrown into the air and onto a parked white VW Golf before landing on the pavement.”
When police arrived at the scene the woman was being treated by the London Ambulance Service.
The spokesman added: “She was taken to a central London hospital where she remains with life-changing injuries.
“There were a number of people in the immediate area at the time and officers are keen to hear from any witnesses.”
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car stopped at the scene.
Anyone with information call Westminster police on 020 7321 8262 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
A man arrested in connection with the incident has been bailed until mid May pending further enquiries.