Woman seriously injured after being thrown into air in collision with car in Maida Vale
- Credit: Archant
The woman, aged 24, is still being treated in hospital for “life-changing injuries” five days after the crash in Elgin Avenue.
A Met Police spokesman said: “She was thrown into the air and onto a parked white VW Golf before landing on the pavement.”
When police arrived at the scene the woman was being treated by the London Ambulance Service.
The spokesman added: “She was taken to a central London hospital where she remains with life-changing injuries.
“There were a number of people in the immediate area at the time and officers are keen to hear from any witnesses.”
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car stopped at the scene.
Anyone with information call Westminster police on 020 7321 8262 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
A man arrested in connection with the incident has been bailed until mid May pending further enquiries.