Woman seriously injured after being thrown into air in collision with car in Maida Vale
- Credit: Archant
The woman, aged 24, is still being treated in hospital for “life-changing injuries” five days after the crash in Elgin Avenue.
A Met Police spokesman said: “She was thrown into the air and onto a parked white VW Golf before landing on the pavement.”
When police arrived at the scene the woman was being treated by the London Ambulance Service.
The spokesman added: “She was taken to a central London hospital where she remains with life-changing injuries.
“There were a number of people in the immediate area at the time and officers are keen to hear from any witnesses.”
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car stopped at the scene.
Anyone with information call Westminster police on 020 7321 8262 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
A man arrested in connection with the incident has been bailed until mid May pending further enquiries.