Woman’s body found at Hampstead Heath ladies’ swimming pond
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A body has been found on Hampstead Heath after a search at the ladies’ swimming pond.
Police confirmed that the body of a woman of about 50 was found at 3pm today.
The ladies’ pond, near Kenwood House, was closed to the public today.
Police divers were at the scene.
It is understood that a missing person’s enquiry was raised with police yesterday.
Police said the death was not believed to be suspicious at this stage.
The family has been informed.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
A spokesman for the City of London Corporation, which runs the Heath, said: “We are currently assisting police with enquiries into the circumstances of this very sad death. The swimming community on the Heath is a very close one and our thoughts go out to the family and friends who have been affected by this news.”