Woman’s body found at Hampstead Heath ladies’ swimming pond
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A body has been found on Hampstead Heath after a search at the ladies’ swimming pond.
Police confirmed that the body of a woman of about 50 was found at 3pm today.
The ladies’ pond, near Kenwood House, was closed to the public today.
Police divers were at the scene.
It is understood that a missing person’s enquiry was raised with police yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the death was not believed to be suspicious at this stage.
The family has been informed.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
A spokesman for the City of London Corporation, which runs the Heath, said: “We are currently assisting police with enquiries into the circumstances of this very sad death. The swimming community on the Heath is a very close one and our thoughts go out to the family and friends who have been affected by this news.”