Woman’s body found at Hampstead Heath ladies’ swimming pond
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A body has been found on Hampstead Heath after a search at the ladies’ swimming pond.
Police confirmed that the body of a woman of about 50 was found at 3pm today.
The ladies’ pond, near Kenwood House, was closed to the public today.
Police divers were at the scene.
It is understood that a missing person’s enquiry was raised with police yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the death was not believed to be suspicious at this stage.
The family has been informed.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
A spokesman for the City of London Corporation, which runs the Heath, said: “We are currently assisting police with enquiries into the circumstances of this very sad death. The swimming community on the Heath is a very close one and our thoughts go out to the family and friends who have been affected by this news.”