Woman’s body found at Hampstead Heath ladies’ swimming pond
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A body has been found on Hampstead Heath after a search at the ladies’ swimming pond.
Police confirmed that the body of a woman of about 50 was found at 3pm today.
The ladies’ pond, near Kenwood House, was closed to the public today.
Police divers were at the scene.
It is understood that a missing person’s enquiry was raised with police yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the death was not believed to be suspicious at this stage.
The family has been informed.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 7 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 8 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
A spokesman for the City of London Corporation, which runs the Heath, said: “We are currently assisting police with enquiries into the circumstances of this very sad death. The swimming community on the Heath is a very close one and our thoughts go out to the family and friends who have been affected by this news.”