Woman’s body found at Hampstead Heath ladies’ swimming pond
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A body has been found on Hampstead Heath after a search at the ladies’ swimming pond.
Police confirmed that the body of a woman of about 50 was found at 3pm today.
The ladies’ pond, near Kenwood House, was closed to the public today.
Police divers were at the scene.
It is understood that a missing person’s enquiry was raised with police yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the death was not believed to be suspicious at this stage.
The family has been informed.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
A spokesman for the City of London Corporation, which runs the Heath, said: “We are currently assisting police with enquiries into the circumstances of this very sad death. The swimming community on the Heath is a very close one and our thoughts go out to the family and friends who have been affected by this news.”