Woman's body discovered on Hampstead Heath amid mystery circumstances
Sunbathers and dog walkers on Hampstead Heath were left shocked on Saturday when police were forced to cordon off an area after the discovery of a woman s body. Police were called in at around 4.30pm after a member of public found the body in undergrowth
Sunbathers and dog walkers on Hampstead Heath were left shocked on Saturday when police were forced to cordon off an area after the discovery of a woman's body.
Police were called in at around 4.30pm after a member of public found the body in undergrowth not far from where hundreds of sun bathers and picnickers were enjoying the warm weather.
The area remained cordoned off until Sunday while forensics teams examined the scene.
There is not believed to be anything suspicious around the woman's death but police are treating it as 'unexplained'.
An initial post mortem carried out on Sunday at St Pancras Mortuary proved inconclusive and further tests is to be carried out to determine the cause of death. The woman is yet to be identified.
Police are also investigating an incident in Gospel Oak on Sunday after a man fell to his death from a tower block in the early hours of the morning.
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 8 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 9 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 10 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
Officers and paramedics were called to Barrington Close at around 7am when the man's body was discovered. They are not treating the death as suspicious.