Woman's body discovered on Hampstead Heath amid mystery circumstances
Sunbathers and dog walkers on Hampstead Heath were left shocked on Saturday when police were forced to cordon off an area after the discovery of a woman s body. Police were called in at around 4.30pm after a member of public found the body in undergrowth
Sunbathers and dog walkers on Hampstead Heath were left shocked on Saturday when police were forced to cordon off an area after the discovery of a woman's body.
Police were called in at around 4.30pm after a member of public found the body in undergrowth not far from where hundreds of sun bathers and picnickers were enjoying the warm weather.
The area remained cordoned off until Sunday while forensics teams examined the scene.
There is not believed to be anything suspicious around the woman's death but police are treating it as 'unexplained'.
You may also want to watch:
An initial post mortem carried out on Sunday at St Pancras Mortuary proved inconclusive and further tests is to be carried out to determine the cause of death. The woman is yet to be identified.
Police are also investigating an incident in Gospel Oak on Sunday after a man fell to his death from a tower block in the early hours of the morning.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
Officers and paramedics were called to Barrington Close at around 7am when the man's body was discovered. They are not treating the death as suspicious.