Woman's body discovered on Hampstead Heath amid mystery circumstances
Sunbathers and dog walkers on Hampstead Heath were left shocked on Saturday when police were forced to cordon off an area after the discovery of a woman s body. Police were called in at around 4.30pm after a member of public found the body in undergrowth
Sunbathers and dog walkers on Hampstead Heath were left shocked on Saturday when police were forced to cordon off an area after the discovery of a woman's body.
Police were called in at around 4.30pm after a member of public found the body in undergrowth not far from where hundreds of sun bathers and picnickers were enjoying the warm weather.
The area remained cordoned off until Sunday while forensics teams examined the scene.
There is not believed to be anything suspicious around the woman's death but police are treating it as 'unexplained'.
You may also want to watch:
An initial post mortem carried out on Sunday at St Pancras Mortuary proved inconclusive and further tests is to be carried out to determine the cause of death. The woman is yet to be identified.
Police are also investigating an incident in Gospel Oak on Sunday after a man fell to his death from a tower block in the early hours of the morning.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 7 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 8 Parliament Hill viewpoint works delayed by nesting birds
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!
Officers and paramedics were called to Barrington Close at around 7am when the man's body was discovered. They are not treating the death as suspicious.