Woman's body discovered on Hampstead Heath amid mystery circumstances
Sunbathers and dog walkers on Hampstead Heath were left shocked on Saturday when police were forced to cordon off an area after the discovery of a woman s body. Police were called in at around 4.30pm after a member of public found the body in undergrowth
Sunbathers and dog walkers on Hampstead Heath were left shocked on Saturday when police were forced to cordon off an area after the discovery of a woman's body.
Police were called in at around 4.30pm after a member of public found the body in undergrowth not far from where hundreds of sun bathers and picnickers were enjoying the warm weather.
The area remained cordoned off until Sunday while forensics teams examined the scene.
There is not believed to be anything suspicious around the woman's death but police are treating it as 'unexplained'.
An initial post mortem carried out on Sunday at St Pancras Mortuary proved inconclusive and further tests is to be carried out to determine the cause of death. The woman is yet to be identified.
Police are also investigating an incident in Gospel Oak on Sunday after a man fell to his death from a tower block in the early hours of the morning.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 2 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 3 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Three dogs saved from Swiss Cottage flat fire
- 7 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 8 Hundreds march against male violence in Haringey
- 9 Mayor lights up 139 bus for Christmas lights campaign
- 10 New court date over Hampstead Heath swimming charges
Officers and paramedics were called to Barrington Close at around 7am when the man's body was discovered. They are not treating the death as suspicious.