Woman 'raped' in Belsize flat
A YOUNG woman has allegedly been raped in a rundown Belsize Park flat, the Ham&High has learned. An incident involving a 23-year-old victim is alleged to have occurred in the early hours of Saturday in a grubby basement flat in Fellows Road. Police are so
A YOUNG woman has allegedly been raped in a rundown Belsize Park flat, the Ham&High has learned.
An incident involving a 23-year-old victim is alleged to have occurred in the early hours of Saturday in a grubby basement flat in Fellows Road.
Police are so far revealing little about the incident other than to say they are investigating an alleged sexual assault.
But the Ham&High understands the victim was picked up after visiting a nightclub and taken to the flat.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives and forensics teams arrived to investigate the crime on Saturday and police remained at the flat until Tuesday.
Items from both the flat and the garden were taken away to be examined.
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 3 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Shakespeare comedy and children's shows at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre
- 9 Boundary changes plan would 'split' Hampstead and see new Muswell Hill seat
- 10 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
One resident, who asked not to be named, said: "So many police vehicles have turned up since Saturday. They have just said they are investigating a very serious crime.
"The flat seemed to be occupied by young men but I could never work out how many of them lived there. It was an awful flat and stank of urine."
The flat has since been boarded up.
A Camden Police spokeswoman said the incident was being dealt with by the serious crime department. No arrests have been made and inquiries continue.