Woman 'raped' in Belsize flat
A YOUNG woman has allegedly been raped in a rundown Belsize Park flat, the Ham&High has learned. An incident involving a 23-year-old victim is alleged to have occurred in the early hours of Saturday in a grubby basement flat in Fellows Road. Police are so
A YOUNG woman has allegedly been raped in a rundown Belsize Park flat, the Ham&High has learned.
An incident involving a 23-year-old victim is alleged to have occurred in the early hours of Saturday in a grubby basement flat in Fellows Road.
Police are so far revealing little about the incident other than to say they are investigating an alleged sexual assault.
But the Ham&High understands the victim was picked up after visiting a nightclub and taken to the flat.
Detectives and forensics teams arrived to investigate the crime on Saturday and police remained at the flat until Tuesday.
Items from both the flat and the garden were taken away to be examined.
- 1 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Boy, 14, charged following Harringay Sainsbury's stabbing
- 4 Colourful Crouch End bollards to get a repaint due to 'safety' concerns
- 5 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 6 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 7 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 8 Care home opposite Kenwood labelled 'gross overdevelopment'
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day: Hampstead pupils in Stoppard drama
- 10 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
One resident, who asked not to be named, said: "So many police vehicles have turned up since Saturday. They have just said they are investigating a very serious crime.
"The flat seemed to be occupied by young men but I could never work out how many of them lived there. It was an awful flat and stank of urine."
The flat has since been boarded up.
A Camden Police spokeswoman said the incident was being dealt with by the serious crime department. No arrests have been made and inquiries continue.