Woman killed in Camden Road horror crash
A FEMALE cyclist was killed today in an horrific collision with a lorry on Camden Road.
The young woman, believed to be Polish, died in the crash.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to the accident at the junction of Camden Road and St Pancras Way at 3.20pm.
But despite paramedics efforts to save the woman, she was pronounced dead at the scene at 4pm.
Road closures are still in place while police continue to investigate.
The driver of the lorry has been arrested, but charges are yet to be brought againt him.
A spokesman for the Met Police confirmed: “A man has now been arrested in connection with the incident.
- 1 Olivia Newton-John: From West Hampstead to worldwide fame
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Camden, Barnet, Haringey and Islington
- 3 Under-fire King William IV supporters rally behind pub with petition
- 4 Last unit in Belsize Villagee snapped up by wine outlet
- 5 Camden's first 'parklet' installed in Belsize Park
- 6 'Will MP get the LGBT+-friendly government he wants?'
- 7 Warning to ensure escape route from basement flats in case of flooding
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 War veteran tackled suspected thief in Hampstead – and then 'got the sack'
- 10 Truth and distortions in history explored in artworks
“Local road closures are in place while the incident is dealt with.”