Woman killed in Camden Road horror crash
A FEMALE cyclist was killed today in an horrific collision with a lorry on Camden Road.
The young woman, believed to be Polish, died in the crash.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to the accident at the junction of Camden Road and St Pancras Way at 3.20pm.
But despite paramedics efforts to save the woman, she was pronounced dead at the scene at 4pm.
Road closures are still in place while police continue to investigate.
The driver of the lorry has been arrested, but charges are yet to be brought againt him.
A spokesman for the Met Police confirmed: “A man has now been arrested in connection with the incident.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 5 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 6 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 7 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 8 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 9 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
- 10 HGO double bill: modern dress baroque opera as it would have sounded centuries ago
“Local road closures are in place while the incident is dealt with.”