Swimmer dies at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre pool
- Credit: Archant
A lifeguard fought to save the life of a woman swimming at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre after she disappeared under water this morning.
The woman, in her 60s, was swimming at the leisure centre’s pool in Adelaide Road when she went under about an hour ago.
A lifeguard immediately intervened and attempted to resuscitate the woman at the poolside.
An air ambulance landed at Swiss Cottage Open Space at 11am and paramedics ran into to the leisure centre and performed CPR on the woman for about 20 minutes as they attempted to save her life.
But sadly she was pronounced dead at the scene shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
A Camden Council spokesman said: “Sadly, we can confirm that earlier today a user of the swimming pool at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre was taken ill and received first aid from the lifeguards on duty.
“The swimmer was spotted immediately and removed from the pool while first aid was administered.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 6 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 7 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 8 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
“Emergency services were called and we understand that an air ambulance has attended.
“Our thoughts are with the centre user and their family at this time.”