Swimmer dies at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre pool
- Credit: Archant
A lifeguard fought to save the life of a woman swimming at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre after she disappeared under water this morning.
The woman, in her 60s, was swimming at the leisure centre’s pool in Adelaide Road when she went under about an hour ago.
A lifeguard immediately intervened and attempted to resuscitate the woman at the poolside.
An air ambulance landed at Swiss Cottage Open Space at 11am and paramedics ran into to the leisure centre and performed CPR on the woman for about 20 minutes as they attempted to save her life.
But sadly she was pronounced dead at the scene shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
A Camden Council spokesman said: “Sadly, we can confirm that earlier today a user of the swimming pool at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre was taken ill and received first aid from the lifeguards on duty.
“The swimmer was spotted immediately and removed from the pool while first aid was administered.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
“Emergency services were called and we understand that an air ambulance has attended.
“Our thoughts are with the centre user and their family at this time.”