Woman dies after falling in front of train at Finchley Road station
A woman has died after falling in front of a Tube train at Finchley Road station this morning (Monday, April 16).
Ambulance, fire and police crews rushed to the Tube station shortly after 10am, but were unable to save the woman.
The Jubilee Tube line was suspended between London Bridge and Willesden Green, and passengers faced delays on the rest of the line.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman: “We can confirm that a woman died after being struck by a Jubilee Line train at Finchley Road London Underground station on Monday, April 16.
“The incident was reported to police at 10.06am and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“BTP officers attended alongside London Fire Brigade and paramedics from the London Ambulance Service, but the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.”
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears