Woman dies after being hit by train at Swiss Cottage tube station
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after being struck by a train at Swiss Cottage tube station.
The incident happened just before 3.30pm and is not being treated by police as suspicious.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and has not yet been identified.
The Jubilee line is suspended between Waterloo and West Hampstead, causing severe delays.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Our officers were called to Swiss Cottage London Underground station shortly before 3.30pm on Wednesday, 12 November, after reports a woman had been struck by a train.
You may also want to watch:
“Colleagues from London Ambulance Service also attended, but a woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Officers are working to identify the woman, whose death is not being treated as suspicious, and inform her family.”
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Hampstead Heath: Does an increase in visitors mean fewer birds?