Woman dies after being hit by train at Swiss Cottage tube station
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after being struck by a train at Swiss Cottage tube station.
The incident happened just before 3.30pm and is not being treated by police as suspicious.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and has not yet been identified.
The Jubilee line is suspended between Waterloo and West Hampstead, causing severe delays.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Our officers were called to Swiss Cottage London Underground station shortly before 3.30pm on Wednesday, 12 November, after reports a woman had been struck by a train.
You may also want to watch:
“Colleagues from London Ambulance Service also attended, but a woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Officers are working to identify the woman, whose death is not being treated as suspicious, and inform her family.”
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 6 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 7 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 8 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 9 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 10 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London