Woman dies after being hit by train at Swiss Cottage tube station
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after being struck by a train at Swiss Cottage tube station.
The incident happened just before 3.30pm and is not being treated by police as suspicious.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and has not yet been identified.
The Jubilee line is suspended between Waterloo and West Hampstead, causing severe delays.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Our officers were called to Swiss Cottage London Underground station shortly before 3.30pm on Wednesday, 12 November, after reports a woman had been struck by a train.
You may also want to watch:
“Colleagues from London Ambulance Service also attended, but a woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Officers are working to identify the woman, whose death is not being treated as suspicious, and inform her family.”
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 6 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road