Woman dies after being hit by cement mixer in Camden Town
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman died following a collision with a cement mixer in Camden Town this morning.
Officers were called by London Ambulance Service at 9.40 this morning after a cement mixer was in collision with the 79-year-old woman in Camden High Street.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. Her identity has not yet been revealed as next of kin are yet to be informed.
Police said the driver of the vehicle stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
A police statement said they were keen to speak to the driver of a silver van, who is likely to have witnessed the collision having passed through the scene moments before.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call the investigations unit on 0208 991 9555.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond