Woman dies after being hit by cement mixer in Camden Town
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman died following a collision with a cement mixer in Camden Town this morning.
Officers were called by London Ambulance Service at 9.40 this morning after a cement mixer was in collision with the 79-year-old woman in Camden High Street.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. Her identity has not yet been revealed as next of kin are yet to be informed.
Police said the driver of the vehicle stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
A police statement said they were keen to speak to the driver of a silver van, who is likely to have witnessed the collision having passed through the scene moments before.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call the investigations unit on 0208 991 9555.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa