Woman dies after being hit by cement mixer in Camden Town
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman died following a collision with a cement mixer in Camden Town this morning.
Officers were called by London Ambulance Service at 9.40 this morning after a cement mixer was in collision with the 79-year-old woman in Camden High Street.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. Her identity has not yet been revealed as next of kin are yet to be informed.
Police said the driver of the vehicle stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
A police statement said they were keen to speak to the driver of a silver van, who is likely to have witnessed the collision having passed through the scene moments before.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call the investigations unit on 0208 991 9555.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 8 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister