Woman dies after being hit by cement mixer in Camden Town
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman died following a collision with a cement mixer in Camden Town this morning.
Officers were called by London Ambulance Service at 9.40 this morning after a cement mixer was in collision with the 79-year-old woman in Camden High Street.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. Her identity has not yet been revealed as next of kin are yet to be informed.
Police said the driver of the vehicle stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
A police statement said they were keen to speak to the driver of a silver van, who is likely to have witnessed the collision having passed through the scene moments before.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call the investigations unit on 0208 991 9555.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers