Woman crashes her car into Belsize Park restaurant
An elderly woman crashed her car into popular Belsize restaurant this morning (Tuesday).
It is believed the driver reversed her silver saloon into a lamppost before accelerating into the side of XO in Belsize Lane, knocking plaster and paint from the wall at around 10am.
A doctor, who happened to be in the restaurant at the time, rushed out to help the pensioner, who is thought to have suffered a cut to her face and a bloody nose.
The woman, reported to be in her 80s, was treated for facial injuries by ambulance crews and taken to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
XO Manager Lee Gonzalez said: “Thank goodness no-one was sitting outside. Sometimes people tie their dog to the pole so that would have been awful.
“She also went straight over what is normally quite a busy pavement, but thankfully no-one was walking along at the time. Really it was the perfect time for her to do it.”
The car was removed within the hour.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 3 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 4 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 9 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 10 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey