Woman crashes her car into Belsize Park restaurant
An elderly woman crashed her car into popular Belsize restaurant this morning (Tuesday).
It is believed the driver reversed her silver saloon into a lamppost before accelerating into the side of XO in Belsize Lane, knocking plaster and paint from the wall at around 10am.
A doctor, who happened to be in the restaurant at the time, rushed out to help the pensioner, who is thought to have suffered a cut to her face and a bloody nose.
The woman, reported to be in her 80s, was treated for facial injuries by ambulance crews and taken to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
XO Manager Lee Gonzalez said: “Thank goodness no-one was sitting outside. Sometimes people tie their dog to the pole so that would have been awful.
You may also want to watch:
“She also went straight over what is normally quite a busy pavement, but thankfully no-one was walking along at the time. Really it was the perfect time for her to do it.”
The car was removed within the hour.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals