Woman crashes her car into Belsize Park restaurant
An elderly woman crashed her car into popular Belsize restaurant this morning (Tuesday).
It is believed the driver reversed her silver saloon into a lamppost before accelerating into the side of XO in Belsize Lane, knocking plaster and paint from the wall at around 10am.
A doctor, who happened to be in the restaurant at the time, rushed out to help the pensioner, who is thought to have suffered a cut to her face and a bloody nose.
The woman, reported to be in her 80s, was treated for facial injuries by ambulance crews and taken to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
XO Manager Lee Gonzalez said: “Thank goodness no-one was sitting outside. Sometimes people tie their dog to the pole so that would have been awful.
You may also want to watch:
“She also went straight over what is normally quite a busy pavement, but thankfully no-one was walking along at the time. Really it was the perfect time for her to do it.”
The car was removed within the hour.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath