Woman crashes her car into Belsize Park restaurant
An elderly woman crashed her car into popular Belsize restaurant this morning (Tuesday).
It is believed the driver reversed her silver saloon into a lamppost before accelerating into the side of XO in Belsize Lane, knocking plaster and paint from the wall at around 10am.
A doctor, who happened to be in the restaurant at the time, rushed out to help the pensioner, who is thought to have suffered a cut to her face and a bloody nose.
The woman, reported to be in her 80s, was treated for facial injuries by ambulance crews and taken to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
XO Manager Lee Gonzalez said: “Thank goodness no-one was sitting outside. Sometimes people tie their dog to the pole so that would have been awful.
You may also want to watch:
“She also went straight over what is normally quite a busy pavement, but thankfully no-one was walking along at the time. Really it was the perfect time for her to do it.”
The car was removed within the hour.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 7 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 10 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme