Woman charged with attempted murder of child after Belsize Park fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been accused of the attempted murder of a child after a flat fire in Belsize Park.
The 43-year-old woman was yesterday charged with attempted murder before she appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court this morning.
She was also charged with two further offences of arson with intent to endanger life and poisoning with intent to endanger life or inflict grievous bodily harm.
A seven-year-old girl was taken to hospital with injuries which were not life-threatening following the blaze in the early hours of Monday morning.
The fire gutted a bedroom of a ground-floor flat in a converted house in Adamson Road.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire crews were called at about 1.15am and had the flames under control shortly after 1.45am.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 3 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 4 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 5 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 9 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 10 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?