Woman charged with attempted murder of child after Belsize Park fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been accused of the attempted murder of a child after a flat fire in Belsize Park.
The 43-year-old woman was yesterday charged with attempted murder before she appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court this morning.
She was also charged with two further offences of arson with intent to endanger life and poisoning with intent to endanger life or inflict grievous bodily harm.
A seven-year-old girl was taken to hospital with injuries which were not life-threatening following the blaze in the early hours of Monday morning.
The fire gutted a bedroom of a ground-floor flat in a converted house in Adamson Road.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire crews were called at about 1.15am and had the flames under control shortly after 1.45am.
- 1 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 2 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 3 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 4 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 5 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 8 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab