Woman charged with attempted murder of child after Belsize Park fire
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been accused of the attempted murder of a child after a flat fire in Belsize Park.
The 43-year-old woman was yesterday charged with attempted murder before she appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court this morning.
She was also charged with two further offences of arson with intent to endanger life and poisoning with intent to endanger life or inflict grievous bodily harm.
A seven-year-old girl was taken to hospital with injuries which were not life-threatening following the blaze in the early hours of Monday morning.
The fire gutted a bedroom of a ground-floor flat in a converted house in Adamson Road.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire crews were called at about 1.15am and had the flames under control shortly after 1.45am.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station