Woman attacked in woods
Charlotte Newton A WOMAN is recovering after being dragged into woodland, punched and knocked to the ground in what police believe was a sexually motivated attack. The victim, who is in her 30s, was walking north on the east side pavement of Muswell Hill
A WOMAN is recovering after being dragged into woodland, punched and knocked to the ground in what police believe was a sexually motivated attack.
The victim, who is in her 30s, was walking north on the east side pavement of Muswell Hill Road, past Summersby Road in Highgate at 8.30pm on Sunday August 30. As she passed the entrance to Queen's Wood she was grabbed from behind, dragged to the ground and into the woods.
She screamed and struggled to get free but her attacker punched her causing heavy bruising. A passer by heard the commotion and the attacker was scared off.
You may also want to watch:
He is believed to have fled in the direction of Muswell Hill.
Det Con Amanda Christodoulou of Haringey Police said: "This is being treated as a sexually motivated attack on a lone female walking home in the evening, just as light was beginning to fade.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
"We believe that this could have been a far more serious assault, but thankfully this woman's valiant struggles to get away from the suspect attracted the attention of a member of public and resulted in the suspect fleeing.
"Muswell Hill Road is a busy stretch of road and we are appealing to anyone that may have seen any part of this incident or noticed anyone loitering in the area to contact us with information."
The suspect is described as being a black man aged in his 20s, of slim build, between 5ft 10ins and 6ft tall, with short hair. He was wearing a short black leather jacket and black trousers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Amanda Christodoulou of
Haringey's sapphire unit on 020-8345 1956, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
The sapphire unit has a number of rape alarms available. Anyone who is concerned about personal safety and would like an alarm should call 020-8345 1956.