Woman arrested after Milton Park fire
A WOMAN has been arrested on suspicion of arson following a fire in Highgate. Four fire engines and 20 fire fighters rushed to a house in Milton Park in the early hours of Tuesday morning. The blaze damaged the ground floor of the three-storey house. Seve
A WOMAN has been arrested on suspicion of arson following a fire in Highgate.
Four fire engines and 20 fire fighters rushed to a house in Milton Park in the early hours of Tuesday morning. The blaze damaged the ground floor of the three-storey house.
Seven people managed to leave the building in safety before the fire fighters arrived at 12.40am.
When the police arrived 15 minutes later, residents were found safely outside the house and the fire was under control by 1.13am. No injuries were reported.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation and is being treated as suspicious.
A 35-year-old woman has been arrested and was taken to Hornsey police station for questioning. She has been bailed to return on November 25 pending further enquiries.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station