Woman arrested after elderly man ‘stabbed to death’ at sheltered flat in Belsize Park
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
An elderly woman has been arrested after an elderly man was found dead in Belsize Park today.
The body was found in a flat in Spencer House, a sheltered accommodation block in Belsize Park Gardens.
Police believe the man was stabbed to death.
Officers were called at about 10.35am and are still on the scene.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers attended and entered the address.
“An elderly man was found, believed to have been stabbed. He was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Police said next of kin have yet to be informed.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 9 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 10 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
An elderly woman was arrested at the address in connection with the death.
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed.
Allyson Kay, managing director at Centra Care and Support which manages the flats, said: “Our team is on site to offer support to residents following an incident at Spencer House.
“We will be working with the police and local authority to assist them in their enquiries.
“Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the deceased.”