Woman arrested after elderly man ‘stabbed to death’ at sheltered flat in Belsize Park
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
An elderly woman has been arrested after an elderly man was found dead in Belsize Park today.
The body was found in a flat in Spencer House, a sheltered accommodation block in Belsize Park Gardens.
Police believe the man was stabbed to death.
Officers were called at about 10.35am and are still on the scene.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers attended and entered the address.
You may also want to watch:
“An elderly man was found, believed to have been stabbed. He was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Police said next of kin have yet to be informed.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
An elderly woman was arrested at the address in connection with the death.
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed.
Allyson Kay, managing director at Centra Care and Support which manages the flats, said: “Our team is on site to offer support to residents following an incident at Spencer House.
“We will be working with the police and local authority to assist them in their enquiries.
“Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the deceased.”