Woman arrested after elderly man ‘stabbed to death’ at sheltered flat in Belsize Park
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
An elderly woman has been arrested after an elderly man was found dead in Belsize Park today.
The body was found in a flat in Spencer House, a sheltered accommodation block in Belsize Park Gardens.
Police believe the man was stabbed to death.
Officers were called at about 10.35am and are still on the scene.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers attended and entered the address.
You may also want to watch:
“An elderly man was found, believed to have been stabbed. He was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Police said next of kin have yet to be informed.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 4 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 5 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 6 Alexandra Palace turns down request for green mast to mark Grenfell
- 7 Estate agent takes on 420km cycling challenge for British Asian Trust
- 8 Amazon Fresh convenience 'store without tills' opens in Chalk Farm
- 9 Stephen Mangan's first book is a family affair
- 10 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
An elderly woman was arrested at the address in connection with the death.
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed.
Allyson Kay, managing director at Centra Care and Support which manages the flats, said: “Our team is on site to offer support to residents following an incident at Spencer House.
“We will be working with the police and local authority to assist them in their enquiries.
“Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the deceased.”