Woman arrested after elderly man ‘stabbed to death’ at sheltered flat in Belsize Park
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
An elderly woman has been arrested after an elderly man was found dead in Belsize Park today.
The body was found in a flat in Spencer House, a sheltered accommodation block in Belsize Park Gardens.
Police believe the man was stabbed to death.
Officers were called at about 10.35am and are still on the scene.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers attended and entered the address.
You may also want to watch:
“An elderly man was found, believed to have been stabbed. He was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Police said next of kin have yet to be informed.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 7 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 8 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 London Marathon and charity event in aid of Diabetes UK
An elderly woman was arrested at the address in connection with the death.
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed.
Allyson Kay, managing director at Centra Care and Support which manages the flats, said: “Our team is on site to offer support to residents following an incident at Spencer House.
“We will be working with the police and local authority to assist them in their enquiries.
“Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the deceased.”