Woman, 87, fighting for her life after ‘nasty’ Camden robbery
- Credit: Archant
An 87-year-old woman is fighting for her life after being followed into her Camden home and robbed in a “nasty” attack.
Stella Magarshick was returning from grocery shopping when a man followed her into the Albert Street communal flats where she lives.
After asking who he was there to see, the man snatched the victim’s bag and fled at speed.
The woman, a former art teacher and keen artist, then went upstairs to tell a relative but soon collapsed after the robbery on Tuesday at about 8pm.
She was taken in a critical condition to a north London hospital, where she remains.
You may also want to watch:
No arrest have been made, but the suspect is described as a tall black man.
Det Insp Adam Ghaboos, from Camden CID, said: “This was a nasty robbery which has left an elderly lady fighting for her life. Our thoughts are with the victim and her family and friends during this difficult time.”
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
He added: “We are determined to find the person responsible and we would urge any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the police or Crimestoppers as soon as possible.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111