Woman, 87, fighting for her life after ‘nasty’ Camden robbery
- Credit: Archant
An 87-year-old woman is fighting for her life after being followed into her Camden home and robbed in a “nasty” attack.
Stella Magarshick was returning from grocery shopping when a man followed her into the Albert Street communal flats where she lives.
After asking who he was there to see, the man snatched the victim’s bag and fled at speed.
The woman, a former art teacher and keen artist, then went upstairs to tell a relative but soon collapsed after the robbery on Tuesday at about 8pm.
She was taken in a critical condition to a north London hospital, where she remains.
You may also want to watch:
No arrest have been made, but the suspect is described as a tall black man.
Det Insp Adam Ghaboos, from Camden CID, said: “This was a nasty robbery which has left an elderly lady fighting for her life. Our thoughts are with the victim and her family and friends during this difficult time.”
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 10 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
He added: “We are determined to find the person responsible and we would urge any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the police or Crimestoppers as soon as possible.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111