Woman, 87, fighting for her life after ‘nasty’ Camden robbery
- Credit: Archant
An 87-year-old woman is fighting for her life after being followed into her Camden home and robbed in a “nasty” attack.
Stella Magarshick was returning from grocery shopping when a man followed her into the Albert Street communal flats where she lives.
After asking who he was there to see, the man snatched the victim’s bag and fled at speed.
The woman, a former art teacher and keen artist, then went upstairs to tell a relative but soon collapsed after the robbery on Tuesday at about 8pm.
She was taken in a critical condition to a north London hospital, where she remains.
You may also want to watch:
No arrest have been made, but the suspect is described as a tall black man.
Det Insp Adam Ghaboos, from Camden CID, said: “This was a nasty robbery which has left an elderly lady fighting for her life. Our thoughts are with the victim and her family and friends during this difficult time.”
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa
He added: “We are determined to find the person responsible and we would urge any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the police or Crimestoppers as soon as possible.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111