Woman, 86, dies after bus collision
AN elderly woman died from severe head injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus in Oxford Street. Herta Barton, 86, from St John s Wood, was mowed down by the number 25 bus while crossing the road at the junction with Bond Street on April 8. She su
AN elderly woman died from severe head injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus in Oxford Street.
Herta Barton, 86, from St John's Wood, was mowed down by the number 25 bus while crossing the road at the junction with Bond Street on April 8.
She suffered serious head injuries a dramatic rescue attempt she was flown by air ambulance to Royal London Hospital trauma centre
Despite doctors' desperate attempts to save her life, Mrs Barton died later that afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest was opened and adjourned at Westminster coroners' court on Thursday, last week.
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw the incident but say no arrests have been made and stressed that the bus driver stopped at the scene.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 5 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 6 Letters: The floods!
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 Camden recovers from flash floods which saw 'loose avocados flying'
Anyone with information should call the witness line on 0207 388 6806 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.