Woman, 86, dies after bus collision
AN elderly woman died from severe head injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus in Oxford Street. Herta Barton, 86, from St John s Wood, was mowed down by the number 25 bus while crossing the road at the junction with Bond Street on April 8. She su
AN elderly woman died from severe head injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus in Oxford Street.
Herta Barton, 86, from St John's Wood, was mowed down by the number 25 bus while crossing the road at the junction with Bond Street on April 8.
She suffered serious head injuries a dramatic rescue attempt she was flown by air ambulance to Royal London Hospital trauma centre
Despite doctors' desperate attempts to save her life, Mrs Barton died later that afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest was opened and adjourned at Westminster coroners' court on Thursday, last week.
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw the incident but say no arrests have been made and stressed that the bus driver stopped at the scene.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 6 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
Anyone with information should call the witness line on 0207 388 6806 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.