Woman, 86, dies after bus collision
AN elderly woman died from severe head injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus in Oxford Street. Herta Barton, 86, from St John s Wood, was mowed down by the number 25 bus while crossing the road at the junction with Bond Street on April 8. She su
AN elderly woman died from severe head injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus in Oxford Street.
Herta Barton, 86, from St John's Wood, was mowed down by the number 25 bus while crossing the road at the junction with Bond Street on April 8.
She suffered serious head injuries a dramatic rescue attempt she was flown by air ambulance to Royal London Hospital trauma centre
Despite doctors' desperate attempts to save her life, Mrs Barton died later that afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest was opened and adjourned at Westminster coroners' court on Thursday, last week.
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw the incident but say no arrests have been made and stressed that the bus driver stopped at the scene.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
Anyone with information should call the witness line on 0207 388 6806 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.