Woman, 86, dies after bus collision
AN elderly woman died from severe head injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus in Oxford Street. Herta Barton, 86, from St John s Wood, was mowed down by the number 25 bus while crossing the road at the junction with Bond Street on April 8. She su
AN elderly woman died from severe head injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus in Oxford Street.
Herta Barton, 86, from St John's Wood, was mowed down by the number 25 bus while crossing the road at the junction with Bond Street on April 8.
She suffered serious head injuries a dramatic rescue attempt she was flown by air ambulance to Royal London Hospital trauma centre
Despite doctors' desperate attempts to save her life, Mrs Barton died later that afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest was opened and adjourned at Westminster coroners' court on Thursday, last week.
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw the incident but say no arrests have been made and stressed that the bus driver stopped at the scene.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Anyone with information should call the witness line on 0207 388 6806 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.