Witanhurst setting for film of Lynn Barber's remarkable life story
HIGHGATE writer Lynn Barber will be immortalised on screen in a new film adaptation of her memoir about love and deception at an early age. Scripted by author Nick Hornby, the BBC film An Education will star Emma Thompson and Peter Sarsgaard, with Carey M
HIGHGATE writer Lynn Barber will be immortalised on screen in a new film adaptation of her memoir about love and deception at an early age.
Scripted by author Nick Hornby, the BBC film An Education will star Emma Thompson and Peter Sarsgaard, with Carey Mulligan as the young Barber.
Scenes have already been filmed at Highgate mansion Witanhurst, best known as the setting for TV's Fame Academy, with further shoots planned around London and in Paris.
Seduced and deceived at 16 by a conman in his 30s, Barber, of Whitehall Park, had always intended to tell her story. But it took the diagnosis of husband David with terminal myelofibrosis to spur her into action.
You may also want to watch:
"I always thought I had a million years to live, and then I thought, 'Gosh, it's possible to die.' I decided I'd better write it a bit quickly," she said.
For more on this story, see this week's Ham&High.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 8 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'