Witanhurst setting for film of Lynn Barber's remarkable life story
HIGHGATE writer Lynn Barber will be immortalised on screen in a new film adaptation of her memoir about love and deception at an early age. Scripted by author Nick Hornby, the BBC film An Education will star Emma Thompson and Peter Sarsgaard, with Carey M
HIGHGATE writer Lynn Barber will be immortalised on screen in a new film adaptation of her memoir about love and deception at an early age.
Scripted by author Nick Hornby, the BBC film An Education will star Emma Thompson and Peter Sarsgaard, with Carey Mulligan as the young Barber.
Scenes have already been filmed at Highgate mansion Witanhurst, best known as the setting for TV's Fame Academy, with further shoots planned around London and in Paris.
Seduced and deceived at 16 by a conman in his 30s, Barber, of Whitehall Park, had always intended to tell her story. But it took the diagnosis of husband David with terminal myelofibrosis to spur her into action.
You may also want to watch:
"I always thought I had a million years to live, and then I thought, 'Gosh, it's possible to die.' I decided I'd better write it a bit quickly," she said.
For more on this story, see this week's Ham&High.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 8 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate