Witanhurst setting for film of Lynn Barber's remarkable life story
HIGHGATE writer Lynn Barber will be immortalised on screen in a new film adaptation of her memoir about love and deception at an early age. Scripted by author Nick Hornby, the BBC film An Education will star Emma Thompson and Peter Sarsgaard, with Carey M
HIGHGATE writer Lynn Barber will be immortalised on screen in a new film adaptation of her memoir about love and deception at an early age.
Scripted by author Nick Hornby, the BBC film An Education will star Emma Thompson and Peter Sarsgaard, with Carey Mulligan as the young Barber.
Scenes have already been filmed at Highgate mansion Witanhurst, best known as the setting for TV's Fame Academy, with further shoots planned around London and in Paris.
Seduced and deceived at 16 by a conman in his 30s, Barber, of Whitehall Park, had always intended to tell her story. But it took the diagnosis of husband David with terminal myelofibrosis to spur her into action.
You may also want to watch:
"I always thought I had a million years to live, and then I thought, 'Gosh, it's possible to die.' I decided I'd better write it a bit quickly," she said.
For more on this story, see this week's Ham&High.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?