Wingate & Finchley promote captain Nielsen to first-team coach
Wingate & Finchley captain Daniel Nielsen has been named the new first-team coach, while former manager David Norman is returning to the club as director of football in a structural shake-up.
The Blues parted company with manager Gary Meakin last week and will now move forward with a new management organisation.
Norman will be appointed to the board of directors and will head the coaching staff of the first team and the development squad.
Nielsen, who has made over 430 appearances for the club, will be assisted in his new role by Dean Smith and goalkeeping coach Gavin King - the Blues’ former No1.
A club statement read: “As recently reported, the club has made the decision not to continue with the existing first-team management squad for the 2013/14 season.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the last few seasons, the club has invested heavily in a programme aimed towards development, stability and succession.
“Consequently, when digression from this vision was becoming evident, there were discussions between the club’s board of directors, who agreed a need to return to a more progressive approach.
- 1 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 6 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 7 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Bishopwood Bowling Club hopes to create new image for the sport
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
“The directors have committed to the implementation of a mid to long-term structure. We are a club who strongly believe in development from within and the new structure will refine this pathway.”
Wingate have also disbanded their reserve team and will replace this with a ‘shadow’ development squad composed of Under-21 players.
The side will compete in the Ryman Under-21 League and will play friendlies against development sides of professional clubs. The squad will be managed by Stuart Crawford and his coaches will be Darren Yarlett and Frankie Webb.