WIN TICKETS TO SEE R&B FUNK LEGENDS CAMEO!
Legendary R&B Funk group Cameo to hold a one-off concert at IndigO2 on Saturday 18th April 2009 After a long absence from performing on UK shores, Cameo have announced an exclusive concert at the Indig02 at the O2 in London. With an incredible career spa
Legendary R&B Funk group Cameo to hold a one-off concert at IndigO2 on Saturday 18th April 2009
After a long absence from performing on UK shores, Cameo have announced an exclusive concert at the Indig02 at the O2 in London. With an incredible career spanning over 30 years and selling over 24 million albums, New Yorkers Cameo are set to play their greatest hits that dominated the charts in the eighties.
Headed by visionary Larry Blackmon, Cameo have received many accolades and awards for their unique musical fusion of urban genres including an American Music Award, two Soul Train Music Awards and two Grammy nominations.
Cameo's influence on urban music is undisputable. Award winning tracks such as Word Up, Candy, Back & Forth and She's Strange have all been sampled by the likes of Mariah Carey, Tupac Shakur, Biggie Smalls and Wu-Tang Clan catapulting Cameo's work into the nineties and beyond.
Although the band have not delivered an album since 2000, Blackmon describes live performing as one fundamental aspect that drew him to music in the first place, indicating that this performance is set to be as electrifying as their trail blazing early shows.
Cameo now join the honour roll of world-class icons such as Prince and Chaka Khan in performing at IndigO2. This concert will be a unique opportunity to catch the band at their best - in the live environment.
- 1 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 2 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 3 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 4 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 Elton John rockets through career-spanning show at BST Hyde Park
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 8 Herbie Hancock: Still going strong at 82
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
To book tickets go to www.london24.com/ultimateboogienight.
To win one of five pairs of tickets simply answer the following question:
Q) Which American state are the members of Cameo from?
B) New York
Competition closes on Tuesday 14th April 2009