WIN TICKETS TO MADAME ZINGA THEATRE OF DREAMS!
Introducing a magical new show and dining event at Battersea Power Station. Madame Zingara is a pop-up restaurant with cirque, cabaret, and a four course meal. The lighting and colour scheme of the show is burgundy and very smoky, evoking the Parisian de
Introducing a magical new show and dining event at Battersea Power Station.
Madame Zingara is a pop-up restaurant with cirque, cabaret, and a four course meal. The lighting and colour scheme of the show is burgundy and very smoky, evoking the Parisian decadence of the 1920's, which seems to be very in Vogue at the moment. The event is taking place in an ancient Spiegeltent, only one of 11 left in the world, and will be situated at the picturesque Battersea Power Station.
The idea for the experience came about after the Operation Director, Richard Griffin, had a restaurant in Cape Town which burned down due to an unfortunate accident. He then decided to start a pop up restaurant in the hope that he wouldn't have to make his staff redundant. The show has since gone on to great success where it has sold-out across South Africa over the last two years and comes to London for the first time on 12th December.
There's something for everyone - performers from contortionists, comic trapeze, acrobats, stilt and chainsaw juggler, double strength & cube, to actors come from all corners of the earth to produce a visual feast. Another great aspect to the show is that guests are encouraged to get involved in the experience, as at the end of the performance and meal the performers will come out and get the guests on their feet.
You may also want to watch:
Another tasty aspect is the signature dish...steak with chilli chocolate sauce, just one of the chef's decadent meals. Over the course of the night the chef will prepare a four course meal for the 400 guests meaning they'll be 1600 plates prepared by 37 catering staff.
Madame Zingara, Theatre of Dreams; at Battersea Power Station for 3 months from 12th December. Tickets are on sale now and are available from the box office on 0844 338 8888 or online at www.madamezingara.com
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Letters: The floods!
To win a pair of tickets for Friday the 23rd of January 2009, simply answer the following question:
Q) Where is Madame Zingara being held?
A) The O2
C) Battersea Power Station
Competition closes on Friday 16th January 2009