WIN! One Step Beyond, Madness Classic Debut reissued with extra tracks
In November 1979, Madness released their debut album, One Step Beyond . With the single of the same name providing the band with their first UK Top Ten to follow debut single The Prince entering the Top Twenty, the album peaked at Number Two in the UK
In November 1979, Madness released their debut album, 'One Step Beyond'. With the single of the same name providing the band with their first UK Top Ten to follow debut single 'The Prince' entering the Top Twenty, the album peaked at Number Two in the UK Albums Chart, stayed in the Top Forty for over a year and began a run of Top Ten singles and albums that continues right up to this year's 'The Liberty Of Norton Folgate'. With a classic sleeve image that has been copied by fans and bands throughout the world "One Step Beyond"'s singles came accompanied by groundbreaking videos scripted by Madness, which continued throughout the band's career and created some of the most iconic and best-loved visual moments in UK music history.
Thirty years from that initial release and with Madness as vital as ever, 'One Step Beyond' finally gets a reissue that encompasses the original album alongside a host of extras guaranteed to appeal to the lifelong Madness fan and the newcomer in equal measure.
Those familiar videos for the singles 'The Prince', 'My Girl', 'Night Boat To Cairo' and 'One Step Beyond', and non-single 'Bed And Breakfast Man', sit with the original album tracks on CD1, while CD2 features a John Peel Session including Lee Thompson's 'Land Of Hope And Glory' (about his Borstal experiences) and a host of bonus tracks from original single versions and B-sides of key tracks to live tracks from the 'Dance Craze' film and highlights from the 'Work Rest And Play' Ep.
'One Step Beyond' is available now to buy.
You may also want to watch:
Q) Which one of these songs is NOT a madness track
a) House Of Fun
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
b) Driving In My Car
Please submit your answer using this form under the COMPETITION NAME "ONE STEP BEYOND"