WIN ONE OF THREE THE BAXTER DVDS!
A laugh out loud comedy that will strike a chord with anyone who has ever been dumped, THE BAXTER is yours to own from 2 March 2009 courtesy of Momentum Pictures. THE BAXTER stars Comedy Central funny-man Michael Showalter (Stella, The State, Signs, Sex a
A laugh out loud comedy that will strike a chord with anyone who has ever been dumped, THE BAXTER is yours to own from 2 March 2009 courtesy of Momentum Pictures.
THE BAXTER stars Comedy Central funny-man Michael Showalter (Stella, The State, Signs, Sex and the City, Reno: 911 Miami) as "the baxter" Elliot Sherman, the perennial loser-in-love - through high school, college and business school, his relationships have always ended the same way, i.e. some macho stud would swoop and take Elliot's girl as he watched helplessly from the sidelines.
Unique, unconventional and uproariously funny, THE BAXTER harks back to the romantic comedies of the 1930s and 40s, but updates the central premise with an offbeat comedic edge in the same way as recent hits The 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up.
In addition to Showalter, THE BAXTER features a fantastic heavyweight comedy cast - Elizabeth Banks (Zack and Miri Make a Porno, Definitely Maybe, The 40 Year Old Virgin), Paul Rudd (Knocked Up, Anchorman) and Michelle Williams (I'm Not There, Brokeback Mountain), ensuring this hilarious story is jam packed full of laughs.
You may also want to watch:
So if you've had enough of taking it like a man, watch THE BAXTER, a hilarious love story for underdogs everywhere.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 6 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 7 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
Elliot Sherman (Showalter) has it all, a prosperous career, a devoted secretary (Williams) and a beautiful bride to be (Banks). However, when Bradley (Theroux), his fianc�'s high-school sweetheart, shows up Elliot must fight against becoming "the baxter", a sad loser left at the wedding-altar. Before long, Elliot is struggling to compete with the charismatically smarmy Bradley and must think up more hilariously absurd plans to keep his girl.
To win simply answer the following question:
Q) Who plays "the Baxter"?
A) Michael Showalter
B) Michael Skywalker
C) Michael Supernova
The film has a 12 certificate. By enetering this competition you are confirming that you are 12 years old or over. If you are not 12 years or over please DO NOT enter this competition.
Competition closes on Friday 27th March 2009.