Win one of three copies of WWII Lost Films
HISTORY s visually astonishing landmark series WWII Lost Films presents the story of the war ? viewed through the eyes of 12 soldiers, journalists and medical personnel who fought in or contributed to the war effort. WWII Lost Films draws upon more than 3,000 hours of World War 2 footage.
HISTORY's visually astonishing landmark series 'WWII Lost Films' presents the story of the war ? viewed through the eyes of 12 soldiers, journalists and medical personnel who fought in or contributed to the war effort. 'WWII Lost Films' draws upon more than 3,000 hours of World War II footage unearthed from archives and private collections across the globe. HISTORY preserved and restored this footage ? some of which has not been seen since the 1940s ? and converted it to HD for unprecedented clarity.
Featuring the voices of well-known actors such as Rob Lowe, Amy Smart, Steve Zahn and LL Cool J, 'WWII Lost Films' paints a detailed and moving portrait of life on the front lines through the diaries of 12 American servicemen - from Jewish �migr� Jack Verner, who escaped Hitler's Germany only to find himself fighting in the Pacific, to Shelby Westbrook, a young African American who flew with the famed Tuskegee Airmen.
One of HISTORY's biggest ever projects, 'WWII Lost Films' sets the standard for other history series to aim at, with a wealth of original sources, HD colour technology and remarkable stories filmed around the world allowing viewers to witness the triumphs and tragedy of the Second World War like never before.
* Rare footage, full colour and 5.1 surround sound makes 'WWII Lost Films' the holy grail for WWII buffs and compelling viewing for anyone interested in the past.
You may also want to watch:
* All ten episodes seen on TV plus additional special features: 'Darkness Falls'; 'Hard Way Back'; 'Bloody Resolve'; 'Battle Stations'; 'Day Of Days'; 'Point Of No Return'; 'Striking Distance'; 'Glory And Guts'; 'Edge Of The Abyss' and 'End Game', as well as never-before-seen bonus features such as a 30-minute 'Making-of' documentary and extended profiles of the soldiers, sailors and airmen featured in the series.
* 'WWII Lost Films' is available on both DVD and stunning high-definition Blu-ray.
This prize comes courtesy of Go Entertain and HISTORY, and is also available from www.amazon.co.uk
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
To enter simply answer the following question;
WHEN was D-Day?
a) Tuesday, 4 May 1942 b) Tuesday, 6 June 1944c) Wednesday, 7 September 1945
To be in with a chance of winning simply click here and fill in the form using the 'Comp Name' WW2.