Win One of Three copies of Sick City Club album - 'Talking With Lies'
Indie has a new membership. Sick City Club are ready to let their blissful melodies sear through the sound waves and enter the realm of mainstream indie rock with their forthcoming album Talking With Lies. Already gracing the stage with relative peers
Indie has a new membership. Sick City Club are ready to let their blissful melodies sear through the sound waves and enter the realm of mainstream indie rock with their forthcoming album Talking With Lies. Already gracing the stage with relative peers including The Twang, Athlete, Zane Lowe and Reverend and the Makers, the Birmingham four-piece have also gained fans and airplay through DJs including Steve Lamacq, Huw Stephens and Nick Grimshaw.
Despite playing alongside an array of seminal artists, Sick City Club are looking to dominate the indie scene on their own terms. Talking With Lies was produced by Gavin Monaghan, renowned for working with the likes of Kings of Leon, Editors and The Twang. Monaghan commented, 'Most bands I work with bring me two, maybe three singles. Sick City Club have brought me five. This doesn't happen often.' Alex, Adam, Tony and Lucas have acquired an arsenal to take on the mainstream, returning to the true essence of reputable music, striking with their first single Embarrassing Monday.
Signing to Birmingham's 181 Records, they have been granted complete control in their musical output and creative choices; providing their superlative material to a label which has big plans for them in the future. Their melody driven, indie rock blends seamlessly with pop infused overtones, acting as a naturally strong foundation for the perceptive ripostes of adroit vocalist Alex.
Transcending seamlessly from a sharply delivered fast paced riff into a dreamy cascade of harmony, Sick City Club are ready to deliver music to the masses, already preparing to support Mr Hudson, The Hoosiers and The Automatic in June. With many big names already on the members list; it's time for you to join the club.
You may also want to watch:
For your chance to win simply answer the following question;
When is the album 'Talking With Lies' being released?
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
A) 5th July
B) 5th November
C) 25th December
To be in with a chance of winning simply click here and fill in the form using the 'Comp Name' SICKCITY.
Competition closes on Friday 30th July 2010.