Win one of five copies of I Love Rock 'n' Roll by Alvin Stardust
Everyone knows ALVIN STARDUST. The man with the leather glove (and catsuit), the pop icon who shot to fame with a raft of moody hits with impossibly catchy choruses. But Alvin is a whole lot more than his pop persona. For starters he was one of the first rockers in the UK.
Archant London have 5 copies of I Love rock 'n' Roll to give away
To enter simply answer the following question;
Q) What was Alvin Stardust's birth name?
a) Alvin Chipmunkb) Leonard Nimoyc) Bernard Jewry
To be in with a chance of winning simply click here and fill in the form using the 'Comp Name' ALVIN.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone knows ALVIN STARDUST. The man with the leather glove (and catsuit), the pop icon who shot to fame with a raft of moody hits with impossibly catchy choruses.
But Alvin is a whole lot more than his pop persona. For starters he was one of the first rockers in the UK, part of the Larry Parnes stable. He idolised Elvis, toured with Joe Brown, Eden Kane and Billy Fury, amongst others, and turned up at Buddy Holly gigs as a callow youth clutching a �1.50 guitar. Brian Epstein wanted to manage him.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 7 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 8 Tim Burton's former Primrose Hill home on the market for £20m
- 9 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 10 'Now we hope for the best' – independent traders in Muswell Hill
Along the way he's starred in the West End and appeared in countless TV programmes including Hollyoaks, Doctors, Harry Hill's Burp and Granada's 1999 cult show The Grimleys.
Born Bernard Jewry, he soon became Shane Fenton scoring four big hits in the 60s. For a nanosecond (one single) he was Jo Jo Ellis and then, in 1973, with the help of Pete Shelley and a catchy song of Pete's called My Coo Ca Choo, Alvin Stardust was born.
Thereafter followed seven big hits on Magnet Records, two on Stiff and a further four on Chrysalis stretching right through to the end of the 80s.
"I Love Rock 'N' Roll" features many of these mega songs - My Coo Ca Choo (which made No. 2), Jealous Mind (No. 1), You You You, Pretend, Good Love Can Never Die, I Feel Like Buddy Holly etc - as well as current material. The CD features 18 tracks in total with three great covers, eight big hits and seven brand new songs. The digital CD has a bonus track - Tell Me Why.
The new material brings Alvin bang up to date. From the Americana drive of Other Side Of Me and Dirt On My Hands to the Elvis inspired My Sweet Elvis and the foot stomping Reverend Jack Daniels, this is a set of songs to be justly proud of. Sitting alongside the classics the new tracks confirm Alvin for what he always was, first and foremost, right to the core - a cracking good artist.
"I Love Rock 'N' Roll" is released on Universal Music TV on May 10. A series of 15 live dates across the UK is already scheduled in support running from May 8th - June 20th. Produced by Alvin Stardust and Paul Lynton the full track listing for the CD is as follows:
Pretend; My Coo- Ca- Choo; Mercy; I Won't Run Away; I Feel Like Buddy Holly; Other Side Of Me; Jealous Mind; In The Shelter Of Your Arms; Good Love Can Never Die; I Love Rock N' Roll; Shakin' All Over; I Know It's Over; You You You; My Sweet Elvis; Dirt On My Hands; Red Dress; Be Careful With My Heart; Reverend Jack Daniels.
I Love Rock N' Roll Tracklist:
1. Pretend 2. My Coo-Ca-Choo 3. Mercy 4. I Won't Run Away 5. I Feel Like Buddy Holly 6. Other Side Of Me 7. Jealous Mind 8. In The Shelter Of Your Arms 9. Good Love Can Never Die 10. I Love Rock 'N' Roll 11. Shakin' All Over 12. I Know It's Over 13. You You You 14. My Sweet Elvis 15. Dirt On My Hands 16. Red Dress 17. Be Careful With My Heart 18. Reverend Jack Daniels 19. Tell Me Why