Win on of 3 copies of I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW’ on DVD
DISCOVER THE LIVES OF TWO BRANDED STALKERS In a world flushed with obsessions over celebrity image and lifestyle, super fans and fanatics have become an ordinary asset to any star within the public eye. Aside from the frequent enthusiasts, however, I
DISCOVER THE LIVES OF TWO BRANDED STALKERS
In a world flushed with obsessions over celebrity image and lifestyle, super fans and fanatics have become an ordinary asset to any star within the public eye. Aside from the frequent enthusiasts, however, I Think We're Alone Now showcases the story of two individuals fixated upon 80s star Tiffany - their actions personifying the definition of 'stalker'.
The documentary features Jeff Turner, a 53 year old with Aspergers Syndrome and Kelly McCormick, a 34 year old hermaphrodite and looks at their love obsession with Tiffany who topped the charts with I Think We're Alone Now in 1987. Cautioned with a three year restraining order, Turner still freely attends her concerts and events with money provided through his disability insurance. Any additional finances are spent insistently on outlandish contraptions he claims allow him to 'strengthen his psychic connection with Tiffany'. Amongst sending her endless letters, he was once arrested for taking her a bunch of flowers with an enclosed samurai sword; the imaginary bond he has with Tiffany is in reality, just harassment.
McCormick, who unlike Turner has never seen Tiffany in concert is far more reclusive, choosing to obsess over the star from the comforts of her Tiffany plastered walls. Despite never meeting her, McCormick claims to have been best friends with Tiffany since a teenager, naming her as the motivational force that has allowed her to do everything in life. The documentary comes to a height when Turner and McCormick meet each other and prepare to attend a Tiffany concert and meet and greet.
You may also want to watch:
Taking an objective and sympathetic stance, the documentary delivers a heart-rending yet often comedic insight into the fictitious relationships created through a mixture of fandom and mental illness.
For your chance to win this fantastic prize simply answer the following question:
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 5 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
Which 80's star sang the song 'I think we're alone now'?
Competition closes on Monday 12th April 2010.
To be in with a chance of winning simply click here and fill in the form using the 'Comp Name' ALONENOW.