Win a signed copy of Essex born author Neil Humphrey's new novel 'Match Fixer'
When ex-West Ham apprentice striker Chris Osborne arrives in Singapore he has one thing on his mind: to get his once-promising career back on track. But even growing up in London s East End fails to prepare him for the world of bent bookies, spread bettin
When ex-West Ham apprentice striker Chris Osborne arrives in Singapore he has one thing on his mind: to get his once-promising career back on track.
But even growing up in London's East End fails to prepare him for the world of bent bookies, spread betting scams and the underground party drugs scene he discovers on arrival.
Sports journalist Neil Humphreys, a former football correspondent for the national Singapore press, lifts the lid off a previously unexplored, but very real, subject. In this fast-paced debut novel, corruption is destroying the Beautiful Game and has spread its tentacles into Europe via the Asian betting cartels that have already knocked out floodlights and caused chaos in the English Premier League and others.
Q) In Match Fixer, West Ham Harry Redknapp signs the central character Chris Osborne but what decade did Redknapp make his debut as a Hammers player?
You may also want to watch:
a) 1940s b) 1960s c) 1980s
To be in with a chance of winning simply click here and fill in the form using the 'Comp Name' Match Fixer.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill