Win a signed copy of Essex born author Neil Humphrey's new novel 'Match Fixer'
When ex-West Ham apprentice striker Chris Osborne arrives in Singapore he has one thing on his mind: to get his once-promising career back on track. But even growing up in London s East End fails to prepare him for the world of bent bookies, spread bettin
When ex-West Ham apprentice striker Chris Osborne arrives in Singapore he has one thing on his mind: to get his once-promising career back on track.
But even growing up in London's East End fails to prepare him for the world of bent bookies, spread betting scams and the underground party drugs scene he discovers on arrival.
Sports journalist Neil Humphreys, a former football correspondent for the national Singapore press, lifts the lid off a previously unexplored, but very real, subject. In this fast-paced debut novel, corruption is destroying the Beautiful Game and has spread its tentacles into Europe via the Asian betting cartels that have already knocked out floodlights and caused chaos in the English Premier League and others.
Q) In Match Fixer, West Ham Harry Redknapp signs the central character Chris Osborne but what decade did Redknapp make his debut as a Hammers player?
You may also want to watch:
a) 1940s b) 1960s c) 1980s
To be in with a chance of winning simply click here and fill in the form using the 'Comp Name' Match Fixer.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods