Win a signed copy of Essex born author Neil Humphrey's new novel 'Match Fixer'
When ex-West Ham apprentice striker Chris Osborne arrives in Singapore he has one thing on his mind: to get his once-promising career back on track. But even growing up in London s East End fails to prepare him for the world of bent bookies, spread bettin
When ex-West Ham apprentice striker Chris Osborne arrives in Singapore he has one thing on his mind: to get his once-promising career back on track.
But even growing up in London's East End fails to prepare him for the world of bent bookies, spread betting scams and the underground party drugs scene he discovers on arrival.
Sports journalist Neil Humphreys, a former football correspondent for the national Singapore press, lifts the lid off a previously unexplored, but very real, subject. In this fast-paced debut novel, corruption is destroying the Beautiful Game and has spread its tentacles into Europe via the Asian betting cartels that have already knocked out floodlights and caused chaos in the English Premier League and others.
Q) In Match Fixer, West Ham Harry Redknapp signs the central character Chris Osborne but what decade did Redknapp make his debut as a Hammers player?
You may also want to watch:
a) 1940s b) 1960s c) 1980s
To be in with a chance of winning simply click here and fill in the form using the 'Comp Name' Match Fixer.
- 1 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 2 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 3 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 4 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 7 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 9 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 10 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley