WIN A COPY OF COLUMBO SEASON 9 ON DVD!
The man in the most infamous mac in the world will be back to solve another string of crime capers when Columbo Season 9 is released on DVD on 30th March 2009 courtesy of Universal Playback. Shabbily-dressed and seemingly slow-witted, homicide detectiv
The man in the most infamous mac in the world will be back to solve another string of crime capers when Columbo Season 9 is released on DVD on 30th March 2009 courtesy of Universal Playback.
Shabbily-dressed and seemingly slow-witted, homicide detective Columbo's (Peter Falk) fumbling and overly polite manner made him an unlikely choice to solve any crime in the Los Angeles Police Department, let alone complex murders. Often underestimated by his fellow officers, and by the murderer du jour, his demeanour is revealed to be a complex act. Hidden beneath this unlikely exterior lie's a brilliant detective with an eye for minute details and the ability to piece together seemingly unrelated incidences and information to solve crimes.
The audience witnesses a murder at the beginning of each episode and Columbo most often confirms a criminal's guilt by lulling them into a false sense of security and then setting up circumstances which encourage them, in their newfound hubris, to incriminate themselves. Columbo's signature interrogation technique is to conduct a seemingly innocuous interview, politely conclude it, and exit the scene, only to stop in the doorway and ask, "Just one more thing...". This always leads to a jarring question regarding an inconsistency in either the crime scene or the suspect's alibi. In some episodes, murderers who believed they had committed the "perfect crime" congratulate Columbo before being arrested.
To celebrate the DVD release of Columbo Season 9 we have teamed up with Universal Playback to offer readers the chance to win one of three copies on DVD.
You may also want to watch:
For your chance to win this great prize just answer this simple question:
Q) Who starred in Columbo?
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 3 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 4 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 5 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
A) Henry Winkler
B) Peter Falk
C) Joe Pesci
Competition closes on Friday 24th April 2009.
See the Universal Playback website for more great DVDs: www.universal-playback.com
Panasonic website: www.panasonic.co.uk