Will Young set to play Kenwood days after death of crew member
MULTI platinum-selling singer Will Young is performing at Kenwood House on Saturday as part of a series of summer picnic concerts. The event comes two days after one of the star s crew members died after falling backstage at a concert in Rochester Castle
MULTI platinum-selling singer Will Young is performing at Kenwood House on Saturday as part of a series of summer picnic concerts.
The event comes two days after one of the star's crew members died after falling backstage at a concert in Rochester Castle on Thursday.
The man, who was in his 40s, suffered severe facial and head injuries was taken to hospital where he died.
Before the show started later an appeal was made over the public address system asking witnesses to come forward and police are not treating the death as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
After winning Pop Idol eight years ago Will Young's first single Evergreen became the fastest selling debut single in chart history and the star has since sold more than eight million records.
This is the fourth in Kenwood's series of Picnic Concerts after successful performances by Blondie, Rufus Wainwright and Diana Krall.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
Still to come are Motown's Greatest Hits, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Jamie Cullum and Last Night of the Proms on August 21.
Will Young kicks off at 7.30pm on Saturday. For more information or to buy tickets visit www.picnicconcerts.com.