Will Young set to play Kenwood days after death of crew member
MULTI platinum-selling singer Will Young is performing at Kenwood House on Saturday as part of a series of summer picnic concerts. The event comes two days after one of the star s crew members died after falling backstage at a concert in Rochester Castle
MULTI platinum-selling singer Will Young is performing at Kenwood House on Saturday as part of a series of summer picnic concerts.
The event comes two days after one of the star's crew members died after falling backstage at a concert in Rochester Castle on Thursday.
The man, who was in his 40s, suffered severe facial and head injuries was taken to hospital where he died.
Before the show started later an appeal was made over the public address system asking witnesses to come forward and police are not treating the death as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
After winning Pop Idol eight years ago Will Young's first single Evergreen became the fastest selling debut single in chart history and the star has since sold more than eight million records.
This is the fourth in Kenwood's series of Picnic Concerts after successful performances by Blondie, Rufus Wainwright and Diana Krall.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
Still to come are Motown's Greatest Hits, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Jamie Cullum and Last Night of the Proms on August 21.
Will Young kicks off at 7.30pm on Saturday. For more information or to buy tickets visit www.picnicconcerts.com.