Will Young set to play Kenwood days after death of crew member
MULTI platinum-selling singer Will Young is performing at Kenwood House on Saturday as part of a series of summer picnic concerts. The event comes two days after one of the star s crew members died after falling backstage at a concert in Rochester Castle
MULTI platinum-selling singer Will Young is performing at Kenwood House on Saturday as part of a series of summer picnic concerts.
The event comes two days after one of the star's crew members died after falling backstage at a concert in Rochester Castle on Thursday.
The man, who was in his 40s, suffered severe facial and head injuries was taken to hospital where he died.
Before the show started later an appeal was made over the public address system asking witnesses to come forward and police are not treating the death as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
After winning Pop Idol eight years ago Will Young's first single Evergreen became the fastest selling debut single in chart history and the star has since sold more than eight million records.
This is the fourth in Kenwood's series of Picnic Concerts after successful performances by Blondie, Rufus Wainwright and Diana Krall.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
Still to come are Motown's Greatest Hits, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Jamie Cullum and Last Night of the Proms on August 21.
Will Young kicks off at 7.30pm on Saturday. For more information or to buy tickets visit www.picnicconcerts.com.