Will Young set to play Kenwood days after death of crew member
MULTI platinum-selling singer Will Young is performing at Kenwood House on Saturday as part of a series of summer picnic concerts. The event comes two days after one of the star s crew members died after falling backstage at a concert in Rochester Castle
MULTI platinum-selling singer Will Young is performing at Kenwood House on Saturday as part of a series of summer picnic concerts.
The event comes two days after one of the star's crew members died after falling backstage at a concert in Rochester Castle on Thursday.
The man, who was in his 40s, suffered severe facial and head injuries was taken to hospital where he died.
Before the show started later an appeal was made over the public address system asking witnesses to come forward and police are not treating the death as suspicious.
After winning Pop Idol eight years ago Will Young's first single Evergreen became the fastest selling debut single in chart history and the star has since sold more than eight million records.
This is the fourth in Kenwood's series of Picnic Concerts after successful performances by Blondie, Rufus Wainwright and Diana Krall.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 3 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 4 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 5 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 6 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 7 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 8 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 9 HGO double bill: modern dress baroque opera as it would have sounded centuries ago
- 10 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
Still to come are Motown's Greatest Hits, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Jamie Cullum and Last Night of the Proms on August 21.
Will Young kicks off at 7.30pm on Saturday. For more information or to buy tickets visit www.picnicconcerts.com.