Will Britney Spears lift the gloom at White Hart Lane?
As there isn t much fun to be had watching football at White Hart Lane these days, perhaps Spurs fans will be hoping to see Britney Spears make an appearance following revelations that the singer s roots are in north London. The blonde pop star from Louis
As there isn't much fun to be had watching football at White Hart Lane these days, perhaps Spurs fans will be hoping to see Britney Spears make an appearance following revelations that the singer's roots are in north London.
The blonde pop star from Louisiana, USA, can trace her ancestry to Tottenham, would you believe.
Research by The Times newspaper at the London Metropolitan Archives has found that her great-grandparents George Portell and Lillian Esther Lewis lived in the area in the 1920s.
Parish records show they were married in July 1923 at St John's Church in Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
Her maternal grandmother, Lillian Woolmore-Portell, was born in Tottenham and became a war bride after meeting Spears' grandfather Barnett O'Field Bridges during World War Two.
I wait with eagerness to see if Spurs fans' new chants will include Hit Me Baby One More Time or I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman...
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park