Will Britney Spears lift the gloom at White Hart Lane?
As there isn t much fun to be had watching football at White Hart Lane these days, perhaps Spurs fans will be hoping to see Britney Spears make an appearance following revelations that the singer s roots are in north London. The blonde pop star from Louis
As there isn't much fun to be had watching football at White Hart Lane these days, perhaps Spurs fans will be hoping to see Britney Spears make an appearance following revelations that the singer's roots are in north London.
The blonde pop star from Louisiana, USA, can trace her ancestry to Tottenham, would you believe.
Research by The Times newspaper at the London Metropolitan Archives has found that her great-grandparents George Portell and Lillian Esther Lewis lived in the area in the 1920s.
Parish records show they were married in July 1923 at St John's Church in Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
Her maternal grandmother, Lillian Woolmore-Portell, was born in Tottenham and became a war bride after meeting Spears' grandfather Barnett O'Field Bridges during World War Two.
I wait with eagerness to see if Spurs fans' new chants will include Hit Me Baby One More Time or I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman...
- 1 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 West Hampstead community backs Nazanin 2,000 days since imprisonment
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement