Will Britney Spears lift the gloom at White Hart Lane?
As there isn t much fun to be had watching football at White Hart Lane these days, perhaps Spurs fans will be hoping to see Britney Spears make an appearance following revelations that the singer s roots are in north London. The blonde pop star from Louis
As there isn't much fun to be had watching football at White Hart Lane these days, perhaps Spurs fans will be hoping to see Britney Spears make an appearance following revelations that the singer's roots are in north London.
The blonde pop star from Louisiana, USA, can trace her ancestry to Tottenham, would you believe.
Research by The Times newspaper at the London Metropolitan Archives has found that her great-grandparents George Portell and Lillian Esther Lewis lived in the area in the 1920s.
Parish records show they were married in July 1923 at St John's Church in Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
Her maternal grandmother, Lillian Woolmore-Portell, was born in Tottenham and became a war bride after meeting Spears' grandfather Barnett O'Field Bridges during World War Two.
I wait with eagerness to see if Spurs fans' new chants will include Hit Me Baby One More Time or I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman...
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 3 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 4 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 6 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green