Wilds of Muswell Hill woods inspire high-fashion photo shoot
The rugged beauty of Coldfall Woods has inspired a photographer to stage a high-end fashion shoot in the wilds.
Caron Westbrook was struck with the idea during a walk through the woods in Muswell Hill with her dog Phoebe.
She turned her mental image of long gowns in the wilderness into a reality during the photo shoot on November 12.
The 31-year-old, a long-time Muswell Hill resident, said: “The woods are absolutely beautiful and they’re local. I thought this could be such a great place to shoot.”
But few designers were willing to release their expensive gowns until she contacted Adebayo Jones, a veteran of the fashion industry for 25 years who has dressed celebrities and socialites including Miss World 2001 Agbani Darego.
He was more than happy to let her use his dresses and Caron photographed model Alice Grist, who lives in Barnet, at the shoot styled by hair artist Kasia Fortuna and make-up artist Jasmine Mathieson.
“The whole thing looked absolutely lovely,” said Caron. “The designer was very pleased.
- 1 Dentist guilty of 'attempted sexual communication with a child'
- 2 Mayor of Haringey racially abused after Christmas event
- 3 Henrietta Barnett rated second best state school in the UK
- 4 Rainbow George: Hampstead 'dreamer' dies at 81
- 5 Hornsey Tavern to reopen as Irish sports pub
- 6 Out with Cafe Hampstead... in comes Oak & Poppy
- 7 Piano shop at risk of closure over business rates dispute
- 8 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 9 Primrose Hill: Menorah vandalised in hate crime incident
- 10 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
“I was very proud. It was something I wanted to do and I managed to get it all together.”