Wildlife fundraiser at the Washington
- Credit: Archant
The Washington pub will be hosting a wildlife fundraising event on October 19.
As Wild As, a charity established in 2014, campaign and increase awareness of the need for ethical wildlife conservation programs that address the ever-reducing habitat and the status of endangered species and all wildlife.
The charity aim to help wild animals in South Africa that have become endangered and hunted through science and research, by being on-the-ground and working directly with the teams-in-the-field.
As Wild As are currently working to help orphaned rhinos who’s mothers are killed for their horns in Kwazulu-Natal.
David Oates, As Wild As founder, who lives in North London, often flies out and works with the conservationists in South Africa. He has also volunteered for a number of years in Botswana and Zimbabwe.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraiser starts at 8pm at the Washington on Englands Lane, NW3 4UE. There will be a host of activities, quizzes, and games to enjoy.
- 1 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 5 Hampstead bakery sells challah ribbons to boost mental health support
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 'Thank goodness we are not yet being shot in the street for protesting'
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'