Wildlife fundraiser at the Washington
- Credit: Archant
The Washington pub will be hosting a wildlife fundraising event on October 19.
As Wild As, a charity established in 2014, campaign and increase awareness of the need for ethical wildlife conservation programs that address the ever-reducing habitat and the status of endangered species and all wildlife.
The charity aim to help wild animals in South Africa that have become endangered and hunted through science and research, by being on-the-ground and working directly with the teams-in-the-field.
As Wild As are currently working to help orphaned rhinos who’s mothers are killed for their horns in Kwazulu-Natal.
David Oates, As Wild As founder, who lives in North London, often flies out and works with the conservationists in South Africa. He has also volunteered for a number of years in Botswana and Zimbabwe.
The fundraiser starts at 8pm at the Washington on Englands Lane, NW3 4UE. There will be a host of activities, quizzes, and games to enjoy.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 8 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 9 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 10 Hornsey Exchange opening first step in bringing town hall 'back to life'