Wildlife fundraiser at the Washington
- Credit: Archant
The Washington pub will be hosting a wildlife fundraising event on October 19.
As Wild As, a charity established in 2014, campaign and increase awareness of the need for ethical wildlife conservation programs that address the ever-reducing habitat and the status of endangered species and all wildlife.
The charity aim to help wild animals in South Africa that have become endangered and hunted through science and research, by being on-the-ground and working directly with the teams-in-the-field.
As Wild As are currently working to help orphaned rhinos who’s mothers are killed for their horns in Kwazulu-Natal.
David Oates, As Wild As founder, who lives in North London, often flies out and works with the conservationists in South Africa. He has also volunteered for a number of years in Botswana and Zimbabwe.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraiser starts at 8pm at the Washington on Englands Lane, NW3 4UE. There will be a host of activities, quizzes, and games to enjoy.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Good Karma: Charity shop opens in former Gap in Hampstead High Street