Wildlife fundraiser at the Washington
- Credit: Archant
The Washington pub will be hosting a wildlife fundraising event on October 19.
As Wild As, a charity established in 2014, campaign and increase awareness of the need for ethical wildlife conservation programs that address the ever-reducing habitat and the status of endangered species and all wildlife.
The charity aim to help wild animals in South Africa that have become endangered and hunted through science and research, by being on-the-ground and working directly with the teams-in-the-field.
As Wild As are currently working to help orphaned rhinos who’s mothers are killed for their horns in Kwazulu-Natal.
David Oates, As Wild As founder, who lives in North London, often flies out and works with the conservationists in South Africa. He has also volunteered for a number of years in Botswana and Zimbabwe.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraiser starts at 8pm at the Washington on Englands Lane, NW3 4UE. There will be a host of activities, quizzes, and games to enjoy.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 9 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83