Wildlife fundraiser at the Washington
- Credit: Archant
The Washington pub will be hosting a wildlife fundraising event on October 19.
As Wild As, a charity established in 2014, campaign and increase awareness of the need for ethical wildlife conservation programs that address the ever-reducing habitat and the status of endangered species and all wildlife.
The charity aim to help wild animals in South Africa that have become endangered and hunted through science and research, by being on-the-ground and working directly with the teams-in-the-field.
As Wild As are currently working to help orphaned rhinos who’s mothers are killed for their horns in Kwazulu-Natal.
David Oates, As Wild As founder, who lives in North London, often flies out and works with the conservationists in South Africa. He has also volunteered for a number of years in Botswana and Zimbabwe.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraiser starts at 8pm at the Washington on Englands Lane, NW3 4UE. There will be a host of activities, quizzes, and games to enjoy.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 6 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 7 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group