Wild Mushroom Soup, Mushroom. RECIPE
125g sliced mushrooms125g dried wild mushroomsmedium onion, diced.120g butter 1litre chicken stock1 litre beef stock2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds salt and pepper250 ml whipping cream1 slice of bread, diced and fried in oil and butter. METHOD
1. Slice the mushrooms.
2. Melt half the butter in a heavy bottomed pan and saute mushrooms and onion, without colouring,for 5 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
3. Add sesame seeds and remaining butter.
4. Add the stock, dried (or fresh) wild mushrooms,salt and pepper.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
5. Cook over a low heat for ten minutes, cool slightly and stir in the cream.
6. For a smooth texture, pass through a liquidiser.
7. Return to the pan and heat.
8. Place in a serving bowl, swirl in cream and sprinkle with chopped parsley and croutons.