Wild Mushroom Soup, Mushroom. RECIPE
125g sliced mushrooms125g dried wild mushroomsmedium onion, diced.120g butter 1litre chicken stock1 litre beef stock2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds salt and pepper250 ml whipping cream1 slice of bread, diced and fried in oil and butter. METHOD
1. Slice the mushrooms.
2. Melt half the butter in a heavy bottomed pan and saute mushrooms and onion, without colouring,for 5 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
3. Add sesame seeds and remaining butter.
4. Add the stock, dried (or fresh) wild mushrooms,salt and pepper.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction
5. Cook over a low heat for ten minutes, cool slightly and stir in the cream.
6. For a smooth texture, pass through a liquidiser.
7. Return to the pan and heat.
8. Place in a serving bowl, swirl in cream and sprinkle with chopped parsley and croutons.