Wild Mushroom Soup, Mushroom. RECIPE
125g sliced mushrooms125g dried wild mushroomsmedium onion, diced.120g butter 1litre chicken stock1 litre beef stock2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds salt and pepper250 ml whipping cream1 slice of bread, diced and fried in oil and butter. METHOD
1. Slice the mushrooms.
2. Melt half the butter in a heavy bottomed pan and saute mushrooms and onion, without colouring,for 5 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
3. Add sesame seeds and remaining butter.
4. Add the stock, dried (or fresh) wild mushrooms,salt and pepper.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?
5. Cook over a low heat for ten minutes, cool slightly and stir in the cream.
6. For a smooth texture, pass through a liquidiser.
7. Return to the pan and heat.
8. Place in a serving bowl, swirl in cream and sprinkle with chopped parsley and croutons.