Wild Garlic Tzatziki
Wild garlic grows on banks beside streams and along country lanes and is easy to spot at this time of year with its small white flowerheads. If you pick a leaf its garlicky smell is unmissable but make sure you wash the leaves well before use. If you can’t find wild garlic then substitute a crushed fat clove of garlic instead.
Ingrediants 3-4 wild garlic leavesSmall bunch of mint 1 medium cucumber200ml Greek yoghurt1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil1 tsp table salt1 small lemon
1. Peel and remove the seeds from the cucumber then coarsely grate and place in a sieve sprinkling over 1 tsp of salt.
2. Leave for 5-10 minutes until most of the juice from the cucumber has seeped out then pat the grated cucumber dry with kitchen paper and mix with the Greek yoghurt.
3. Finely shred the wild garlic leaves, finely chop the mint and zest and juice the lemon.
4. Add the wild garlic, mint, lemon zest and olive oil to the yoghurt and mix well.
5. Add a little of the lemon juice to taste then cover with cling film and leave in the fridge until well chilled.
- 1 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 4 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 5 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 6 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 7 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey