Why Patsy Kensit was so pleased to get her Mini back
THIEVES have broken into actress Patsy Kensit s home and stolen her car, forcing police to issue warnings and advice to other residents. Officers believe a suspect gained entry to the home of the Holby City star by putting his hand through the letterbox a
THIEVES have broken into actress Patsy Kensit's home and stolen her car, forcing police to issue warnings and advice to other residents.
Officers believe a suspect gained entry to the home of the Holby City star by putting his hand through the letterbox and opening the front door.
The thieves then stole the keys to Ms Kensit's Mini Cooper, worth around �11,000, and drove off in the car which was parked outside in the street on either October 13 or 14.
Police have confirmed no other items were stolen from Ms Kensit's house which is in a road just off Hornsey Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Kensit and her husband, the DJ Jeremy Healy, whom she married earlier this year, were not at home at the time.
Police said the car was then driven around on false registration plates for a number of days before it was recovered by officers, believed to be in the Kentish Town area.
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 5 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 6 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 7 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 8 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 9 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
Forensic officers examined the vehicle for finger prints and DNA traces before returning it to the grateful Ms Kensit, who made her name as a singer in the 1980s before appearing in various TV shows including the ITV soap opera Emmerdale.
After the incident last month police are warning residents not to make it easy for burglars.
A police spokeswoman said: "Police are investigating a burglary and car theft which took place between 19:15 on October 13 and noon on October 14.
"Members of the public are reminded not to leave either house or car keys within reach of letterboxes as this is a method frequently used by burglars."
The spokeswoman would not comment on the possible identity of the suspects, simply saying "it is an active investigation."
Ms Kensit was not available to comment about the crime as the Ham&High went to print.
q For a special report on the mysterious car thieves who are breaking into vehicles around Hampstead and Highgate, see page 7.