Why Berbatov was peed off after Spurs' Carling Cup victory
FORMER Spurs striker Dimitar Berbatov has revealed that while his team mates were celebrating their Carling Cup final victory over Chelsea in February, he was in the loo trying to answer the call of nature. In an interview with GQ Sport, he said: everyo
FORMER Spurs striker Dimitar Berbatov has revealed that while his team mates were celebrating their Carling Cup final victory over Chelsea in February, he was in the loo trying to answer the call of nature.
In an interview with GQ Sport, he said: ''everyone was so happy but you know what? While everyone was celebrating in the dressing room I got pulled in for a drug test. It wouldn't come for almost three hours. I could hear everyone going crazy and I was in the next room on my own trying to piss.''
Berbatov also reveals that when he first arrived in the Premiership the game was so physical that he thought he was playing rugby, and that despite his shyness and his moods his Tottenham team mates were fantastic from the start. ''That was nice because I was not so friendly sometimes,'' he said.
But he denied he was the moodiest footballer at White Hart Lane. ''You should try meeting Steed Malbranque when he is in a bad mood - oh my god!'' said Berbatov.
But he does reveal an insight into what makes him tick.
He says that when his team is playing well and he is scoring goals he would play every day if he could. But when his team loses? ''You don't want to be around me. I stay at home. I don't talk, I just sit and think about what I did wrong. I am in a terrible mood. If there's anyone around it's much better that they are in a different room.''
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead