WHO'S WHO: Singer songwriter Angelina Rozhdestvina
Singer-songwriter Angelina Rozhdestvina made it down to the final 30 in the 02 Undiscovered competition to find new talent. She moved to the UK from Russia at the age of 10 and now lives in West Hampstead. HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIVED IN WEST HAMPSTEAD? I
Singer-songwriter Angelina Rozhdestvina made it down to the final 30 in the 02 Undiscovered competition to find new talent. She moved to the UK from Russia at the age of 10 and now lives in West Hampstead.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIVED IN WEST HAMPSTEAD?
I was born in Moscow, I've lived in Upton Park, south London and Wembley but I've been in West Hampstead for the past two years. I look out over Kilburn Grange park.
has it changed in those two years?
You may also want to watch:
It's got busier and it's becoming a bit of a commuter area. On the weekdays, there's hardly anyone on the streets. Also, West Hampstead is getting more expensive, but that's probably just general.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT THE AREA?
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
I like the buildings, they could be a bit more modern but they look in keeping with everything else. I love the parks, they could be bigger, but it's lovely in the summer. In the cemetery there is a flower seller who makes the view look good as well. The area around is interesting too, it's really multicultural with Kilburn and Abbey Road close by. It's good that we're really near to central London.
what is missing?
West Hampstead is a really high-paced area these days and it isn't really that friendly. People need to be friendlier, but I suppose it is a busy area and they are busy people.
WHICH are your favourite bars and restaurants in the area?
The Banana Tree, which is right by the tube station, serves really good Thai food. My favourite kind of food is dim sum so I like the Chinese takeaways, and Gung Ho at the top of West End Lane is one I go to quite a lot.
There are loads of new bars coming up in the area. Some of them could be really good for new music. I don't play in any of them but The Railway Pub, I know, brings in new artists, which is really good for them. Live performance is so important these days since record sales are going down and people are more interested in artists' integrity.
4x4s OR PUBLIC TRANSPORT?
Easy. I can't drive so it's always public transport.
where did you take your last holiday?
I was in Paris a month ago. Only for a couple of days - but it was nice to be in a totally different environment. I went to the Louvre but mostly I hung out in some cool bars - I even found a café called Angelina.
IF YOU HAD £1MILLION TO SPEND IN A DAY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH IT?
What a question! I'd spend most of it giving my CD a proper release and then put the rest of it in a bank. I'm not spending a million in one day!