Who is Harry's new billionaire neighbour?
THE Ham&High exclusively reveals the new billionaire owner of Athlone House
THE Ham&High can exclusively reveal the new billionaire owner of Athlone House - Kuwaiti business mogul Nasser Al-Kharafi.
The 64-year-old, who is the world's 46th richest man reputedly worth $14billion, bought the house, set in five acres on the edge of Hampstead Heath, for £16million in 2006.
Mr Al-Kharafi, who is married with five children, is behind controversial plans to demolish the former Victorian nursing home and replace it with a neo-Classical pad inspired by Blenheim Palace and more than twice the size.
Until now the identity of the man who will move in next door to Heath tramp Harry Hallowes has been shrouded in mystery.
You may also want to watch:
But it was revealed this week by Joey Esfandi, chairman of Dwyer which sold Mr Al-Kharafi the property two years ago.
Mr Esfandi denied reports in Monday's Evening Standard that he was the new owner and said: "They got it completely wrong and they are putting in a retraction. I sold the house to Mr Al-Kharafi, an extremely wealthy Middle Eastern businessman. He wants to build a family home - a pretty big family home."
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
The new house is expected to be worth £130million, making it the most expensive house in London.
Already an engineering and construction magnate, Mr Al-Kharafi also has exclusive franchise rights in the Middle East for Pizza Hut, TGI Fridays, KFC and Wimpy.