WHITTINGTON PROPOSALS: My family is indebted to hospital
The march on the Whittington was supported by local and national organisations and members of the public, and was very well attended. The MP for Islington gave an impassioned plea to fight against the closure. Haringey residents were reminded that a few
The march on the Whittington was supported by local and national organisations and members of the public, and was very well attended. The MP for Islington gave an impassioned plea to fight against the closure.
Haringey residents were reminded that a few years ago there were several hospitals in Haringey: now many are dependent on hospitals such as the Wittington in neighbouring boroughs.
My own family are personally indebted to the A&E at the Wittington. My brother was admitted in 1992. Through their skill and care his liver failure was discovered to be the result of a genetic defect. As a consequence I and other members of my family have have been able to have the condition monitored and treated and the early intervention has enabled us to maintain health.
It was noted that about three quarters of the admissions to the hospital are through the A&E. What a wonderful saving this would be if a if more A&E units could be closed and what an opportunity for privatisation!
You may also want to watch:
The proposed closures of A&E Units nationally are seen as a threat to whole NHS and must be fought.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 8 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 9 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
Hornsey Lane, N6