Where you can donate to help Finchley Road fire victims
- Credit: Archant
Selfless local residents have banded together to launch a drive for donations to help the homeless victims of the Finchley Road fire.
The group is urging Ham&High readers to give what they can to those who have lost all their possessions in the devastating fire, which has ripped through a shop and block of flats near the shopping centre.
Clothes, toiletries, baby items and other necessities can all be donated at drop-off points around north Camden, including the Ham&High offices.
Co-organiser Kam Goraya, 26, a finance consultant who lives nearby in Finchley Road, told the Ham&High: “I have suffered a house fire and lost everything so I feel for those who have lost everything.
“I want to do what I can to give back and help them.”
You may also want to watch:
Furniture shop BoConcept, at the front of the O2 shopping centre, is offering its Danish furniture to anyone who has been affected by the blaze.
BoConcept London director, Michel Baumgart, said: “Some items are irreplaceable, but some can be replaced. “That’s why we feel it’s BoConcept’s duty to considerably help those that have suffered as a result of this fire.”
To join the drive, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @GoldhursTerrace. Visit Facebook for more information.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 7 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 8 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
WHERE YOU CAN DONATE:
- Ham&High office, Ground Floor, Charles House, 108-110 Finchley Road, NW3 5JJ
- O2 Centre, 255Finchley Road, London, NW3 6LU
- JW3, 341-351 Finchley Road, London, NW3 6ET
- Camden New Journal, 40 Camden Road, London
- Paramount Properties, 150 West End Lane, West Hampstead, London, NW6 1SD