Where you can donate to help Finchley Road fire victims
- Credit: Archant
Selfless local residents have banded together to launch a drive for donations to help the homeless victims of the Finchley Road fire.
The group is urging Ham&High readers to give what they can to those who have lost all their possessions in the devastating fire, which has ripped through a shop and block of flats near the shopping centre.
Clothes, toiletries, baby items and other necessities can all be donated at drop-off points around north Camden, including the Ham&High offices.
Co-organiser Kam Goraya, 26, a finance consultant who lives nearby in Finchley Road, told the Ham&High: “I have suffered a house fire and lost everything so I feel for those who have lost everything.
“I want to do what I can to give back and help them.”
You may also want to watch:
Furniture shop BoConcept, at the front of the O2 shopping centre, is offering its Danish furniture to anyone who has been affected by the blaze.
BoConcept London director, Michel Baumgart, said: “Some items are irreplaceable, but some can be replaced. “That’s why we feel it’s BoConcept’s duty to considerably help those that have suffered as a result of this fire.”
To join the drive, email email@example.com or tweet @GoldhursTerrace. Visit Facebook for more information.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 8 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
WHERE YOU CAN DONATE:
- Ham&High office, Ground Floor, Charles House, 108-110 Finchley Road, NW3 5JJ
- O2 Centre, 255Finchley Road, London, NW3 6LU
- JW3, 341-351 Finchley Road, London, NW3 6ET
- Camden New Journal, 40 Camden Road, London
- Paramount Properties, 150 West End Lane, West Hampstead, London, NW6 1SD