Where was MP Glenda when we needed her help?
IT is often no doubt correctly stated that Glenda Jackson s well-resourced and financed administrative team in her Commons office responds to individual s personal needs and requests in an efficient manner, but with great respect that is only a small, a
IT is often no doubt correctly stated that Glenda Jackson's well-resourced and financed administrative team in her Commons' office responds to individual's personal needs and requests in an efficient manner, but with great respect that is only a small, albeit important part of an MP's duty to her constituents .
The wider community in Hampstead has suffered at the hands of an invisible MP who seems unwilling to listen to her constituents and vote accordingly, or even at all, in the Commons.
This needs to change, particularly in the current climate of voter anger with the present bunch of politicians and a serious economic crisis in this country. The public yearn for strong leadership from someone who listens to their views and who knows, understands and cares about the complex issues affecting the diverse population which is the new constituency of Hampstead and Kilburn. Then that person can truly earn the right to be our next MP.
Where was our MP when I and many others fought against closure of the local Post Office in South End Green?
Where was she when our safer neighbourhood panel and others fought for the local police station to remain?
Where was she when the proposal for the new Heathrow runway, which will adversely affect the quality of local life here in Hampstead, was voted on?
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 9 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 10 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
Where has she been when the detailed and complex subjects of planning and conservation have been tackled by many active resident groups in our area?
Where has she been when local people have fought the back door privatisation of our NHS in the last few years?
I know the answer, and so does she and her activists, if they are honest with themselves.
Chair, Hampstead Safer