Where was MP Glenda when we needed her help?
IT is often no doubt correctly stated that Glenda Jackson s well-resourced and financed administrative team in her Commons office responds to individual s personal needs and requests in an efficient manner, but with great respect that is only a small, a
IT is often no doubt correctly stated that Glenda Jackson's well-resourced and financed administrative team in her Commons' office responds to individual's personal needs and requests in an efficient manner, but with great respect that is only a small, albeit important part of an MP's duty to her constituents .
The wider community in Hampstead has suffered at the hands of an invisible MP who seems unwilling to listen to her constituents and vote accordingly, or even at all, in the Commons.
This needs to change, particularly in the current climate of voter anger with the present bunch of politicians and a serious economic crisis in this country. The public yearn for strong leadership from someone who listens to their views and who knows, understands and cares about the complex issues affecting the diverse population which is the new constituency of Hampstead and Kilburn. Then that person can truly earn the right to be our next MP.
Where was our MP when I and many others fought against closure of the local Post Office in South End Green?
You may also want to watch:
Where was she when our safer neighbourhood panel and others fought for the local police station to remain?
Where was she when the proposal for the new Heathrow runway, which will adversely affect the quality of local life here in Hampstead, was voted on?
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
Where has she been when the detailed and complex subjects of planning and conservation have been tackled by many active resident groups in our area?
Where has she been when local people have fought the back door privatisation of our NHS in the last few years?
I know the answer, and so does she and her activists, if they are honest with themselves.
Chair, Hampstead Safer