Where does Tamsin Omond stand on the big issues?
It s definitely a case of the more, the merrier with regard to Tamsin Omond being the latest candidate to join the race for Hampstead & Kilburn (Activist reveals herself as the new candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, H&H February 25). Most would agree
It's definitely a case of 'the more, the merrier' with regard to Tamsin Omond being the latest candidate to join the race for Hampstead & Kilburn (Activist reveals herself as the new candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, H&H February 25).
Most would agree that political apathy is widespread, so anything or anyone who helps to spark interest in what is no doubt one of the most important elections for several years is a welcome addition.
I read the Ham&High's exclusive interview with her closely, but I didn't get a feel for where she stands on issues which are important to people I meet on the doorstep - things like investing in schools and hospitals, fighting anti-social behaviour, protecting Sure Start. Whilst she says that she'll let the public decide how she votes on all non-environmental issues, people still expect leadership from a prospective MP and will want to know her attitude on these things.
Tamsin sounds like she's progressive and left-of centre, so I hope she'll join with Labour locally to criticise the Lib Dem/Tory-run council's decision to sell-off council homes, hike up charges for meals-on-wheels and social care, and privatise caretaking on council estates.
You may also want to watch:
In the meantime, at least we can say that in Hampstead & Kilburn, politics is never boring!
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
Chair, Hampstead & Kilburn