Where does Tamsin Omond stand on the big issues?
It s definitely a case of the more, the merrier with regard to Tamsin Omond being the latest candidate to join the race for Hampstead & Kilburn (Activist reveals herself as the new candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, H&H February 25). Most would agree
It's definitely a case of 'the more, the merrier' with regard to Tamsin Omond being the latest candidate to join the race for Hampstead & Kilburn (Activist reveals herself as the new candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, H&H February 25).
Most would agree that political apathy is widespread, so anything or anyone who helps to spark interest in what is no doubt one of the most important elections for several years is a welcome addition.
I read the Ham&High's exclusive interview with her closely, but I didn't get a feel for where she stands on issues which are important to people I meet on the doorstep - things like investing in schools and hospitals, fighting anti-social behaviour, protecting Sure Start. Whilst she says that she'll let the public decide how she votes on all non-environmental issues, people still expect leadership from a prospective MP and will want to know her attitude on these things.
Tamsin sounds like she's progressive and left-of centre, so I hope she'll join with Labour locally to criticise the Lib Dem/Tory-run council's decision to sell-off council homes, hike up charges for meals-on-wheels and social care, and privatise caretaking on council estates.
You may also want to watch:
In the meantime, at least we can say that in Hampstead & Kilburn, politics is never boring!
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 6 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 7 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 8 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 9 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 10 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
Chair, Hampstead & Kilburn