Where does Tamsin Omond stand on the big issues?
It s definitely a case of the more, the merrier with regard to Tamsin Omond being the latest candidate to join the race for Hampstead & Kilburn (Activist reveals herself as the new candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, H&H February 25). Most would agree
It's definitely a case of 'the more, the merrier' with regard to Tamsin Omond being the latest candidate to join the race for Hampstead & Kilburn (Activist reveals herself as the new candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, H&H February 25).
Most would agree that political apathy is widespread, so anything or anyone who helps to spark interest in what is no doubt one of the most important elections for several years is a welcome addition.
I read the Ham&High's exclusive interview with her closely, but I didn't get a feel for where she stands on issues which are important to people I meet on the doorstep - things like investing in schools and hospitals, fighting anti-social behaviour, protecting Sure Start. Whilst she says that she'll let the public decide how she votes on all non-environmental issues, people still expect leadership from a prospective MP and will want to know her attitude on these things.
Tamsin sounds like she's progressive and left-of centre, so I hope she'll join with Labour locally to criticise the Lib Dem/Tory-run council's decision to sell-off council homes, hike up charges for meals-on-wheels and social care, and privatise caretaking on council estates.
You may also want to watch:
In the meantime, at least we can say that in Hampstead & Kilburn, politics is never boring!
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
- 10 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
Chair, Hampstead & Kilburn