Where does Tamsin Omond stand on the big issues?
It s definitely a case of the more, the merrier with regard to Tamsin Omond being the latest candidate to join the race for Hampstead & Kilburn (Activist reveals herself as the new candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, H&H February 25). Most would agree
It's definitely a case of 'the more, the merrier' with regard to Tamsin Omond being the latest candidate to join the race for Hampstead & Kilburn (Activist reveals herself as the new candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, H&H February 25).
Most would agree that political apathy is widespread, so anything or anyone who helps to spark interest in what is no doubt one of the most important elections for several years is a welcome addition.
I read the Ham&High's exclusive interview with her closely, but I didn't get a feel for where she stands on issues which are important to people I meet on the doorstep - things like investing in schools and hospitals, fighting anti-social behaviour, protecting Sure Start. Whilst she says that she'll let the public decide how she votes on all non-environmental issues, people still expect leadership from a prospective MP and will want to know her attitude on these things.
Tamsin sounds like she's progressive and left-of centre, so I hope she'll join with Labour locally to criticise the Lib Dem/Tory-run council's decision to sell-off council homes, hike up charges for meals-on-wheels and social care, and privatise caretaking on council estates.
In the meantime, at least we can say that in Hampstead & Kilburn, politics is never boring!
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 3 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 6 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 7 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 8 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 9 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 10 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube map
Chair, Hampstead & Kilburn