What would Peter Forrest know about our Ally Pally discussions?
Peter Forrest suggests the Lib Dems contested every Ally Pally move . The truth could not be more different. We have said time and time again, including in this newspaper and at the meetings (which are held in public) of the Ally Pally Board, that we
Peter Forrest suggests the Lib Dems ''contested every Ally Pally move''. The truth could not be more different.
We have said time and time again, including in this newspaper and at the meetings (which are held in public) of the Ally Pally Board, that we have no objection in principle to a lease of part or even the entire Palace to a private business.
However, Mr Forrest wouldn't know that because in five years he hasn't attended even one board meeting. Perhaps this is a truer indication of the real level of his interest.
Far from contesting every move, our concerns have been about the wording of the lease. Of course, this is all currently unavailable to the public, so Mr Forrest would have no idea at all - and we are not permitted to say - what our concerns are.
You may also want to watch:
However, I can say they were extremely thoroughly backed by expert legal advice, and were properly raised in the interests of protecting this historic, much-loved building on behalf of the people of Haringey, London and the UK, also the interests of the Ally Pally (charitable) trust that will continue to own it.
Peter Forrest presided over the total failure of the Conservatives in Haringey; it is hardly surprising his contributions on Ally Pally are just so much hot air.
- 1 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 5 Hampstead bakery sells challah ribbons to boost mental health support
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 'Speculative': Opera downplays school's move for recording studio
- 9 Spurs win feels inevitable with takeover and Bruce talks at Newcastle
- 10 'Thank goodness we are not yet being shot in the street for protesting'
CLLR Bob Hare
Member of Alexandra Park and Palace Board
Lib Dem Spokesperson on APP