What would Peter Forrest know about our Ally Pally discussions?
Peter Forrest suggests the Lib Dems contested every Ally Pally move . The truth could not be more different. We have said time and time again, including in this newspaper and at the meetings (which are held in public) of the Ally Pally Board, that we
Peter Forrest suggests the Lib Dems ''contested every Ally Pally move''. The truth could not be more different.
We have said time and time again, including in this newspaper and at the meetings (which are held in public) of the Ally Pally Board, that we have no objection in principle to a lease of part or even the entire Palace to a private business.
However, Mr Forrest wouldn't know that because in five years he hasn't attended even one board meeting. Perhaps this is a truer indication of the real level of his interest.
Far from contesting every move, our concerns have been about the wording of the lease. Of course, this is all currently unavailable to the public, so Mr Forrest would have no idea at all - and we are not permitted to say - what our concerns are.
However, I can say they were extremely thoroughly backed by expert legal advice, and were properly raised in the interests of protecting this historic, much-loved building on behalf of the people of Haringey, London and the UK, also the interests of the Ally Pally (charitable) trust that will continue to own it.
Peter Forrest presided over the total failure of the Conservatives in Haringey; it is hardly surprising his contributions on Ally Pally are just so much hot air.
- 1 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 2 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 5 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 6 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 7 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 8 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 9 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
CLLR Bob Hare
Member of Alexandra Park and Palace Board
Lib Dem Spokesperson on APP