WHAT VOTERS THINK OF COUNCILLOR'S 5,500-MILE MOVE:
I don t understand email or computers, so we couldn t stay in touch. It wouldn t work. He wouldn t be meeting people. He s making the wrong choice if he wants to keep the job. Cyril Allen, 66, of Leighton Road It is completely impossible. How could he
I don't understand email or computers, so we couldn't stay in touch. It wouldn't work. He wouldn't be meeting people. He's making the wrong choice if he wants to keep the job.
Cyril Allen, 66, of Leighton Road
It is completely impossible. How could he represent anybody? It just wouldn't be feasible. Can he give me one reason why we should pay him £700? Give someone else the job for a year.
Mick Barker, 56, of Leverton Street
You may also want to watch:
You can't represent your constituency if you're not in the country. What's wrong with Kentish Town? A lot of constituents aren't computer literate and don't have access to the internet.
Jessica Scott, 21, of Fortess Road
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 7 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
I find it hard to believe that he'd be part of the community. It's not a good idea. He could always get his place back when he returns but he shouldn't have it when he's out there. It's not practical.
Laura Wright, 39, of Modbury Gardens
It seems implausible to me. I would not want to phone him - it would be a high phone bill - or go all that way to talk to him! They should get someone else in, or he'll be paid to do nothing.
Theo Chiles, 19, of Patshull Road