WHAT VOTERS THINK OF COUNCILLOR'S 5,500-MILE MOVE:
I don t understand email or computers, so we couldn t stay in touch. It wouldn t work. He wouldn t be meeting people. He s making the wrong choice if he wants to keep the job. Cyril Allen, 66, of Leighton Road It is completely impossible. How could he
I don't understand email or computers, so we couldn't stay in touch. It wouldn't work. He wouldn't be meeting people. He's making the wrong choice if he wants to keep the job.
Cyril Allen, 66, of Leighton Road
It is completely impossible. How could he represent anybody? It just wouldn't be feasible. Can he give me one reason why we should pay him £700? Give someone else the job for a year.
Mick Barker, 56, of Leverton Street
You may also want to watch:
You can't represent your constituency if you're not in the country. What's wrong with Kentish Town? A lot of constituents aren't computer literate and don't have access to the internet.
Jessica Scott, 21, of Fortess Road
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
I find it hard to believe that he'd be part of the community. It's not a good idea. He could always get his place back when he returns but he shouldn't have it when he's out there. It's not practical.
Laura Wright, 39, of Modbury Gardens
It seems implausible to me. I would not want to phone him - it would be a high phone bill - or go all that way to talk to him! They should get someone else in, or he'll be paid to do nothing.
Theo Chiles, 19, of Patshull Road