What kind of car could squeeze into this space?
I WANTED to alert your readers to yet another parking outrage. I was issued with a parking ticket at the corner of Heath Hurst Road and South End Green outside the Jade Boulangerie, for not parking within the limits of the bay markings. Another warden had
I WANTED to alert your readers to yet another parking outrage. I was issued with a parking ticket at the corner of Heath Hurst Road and South End Green outside the Jade Boulangerie, for not parking within the limits of the bay markings.
Another warden had in fact pointed out to me that the markings are too narrow for a car and that I should complain.
After a polite letter to PCN processing, the response I received was that the parking warden concerned had not mentioned anything about narrow markings on his notes and ''such a thing would be very unusual''.
Unusual, maybe, but true. I wonder how many other people have been penalised for the same reason in what is supposed to be a resident's bay.
You may also want to watch:
Lindfield Gardens, NW3
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour