Westminster parking reprieve for evening and weekend workers
Westminster’s evening and Sunday workers will be able to park all night for �5 after a new car park deal was launched.
All 50 London car parks – including 15 in the West End – run by National Car Parks NCP will allow employees from registered businesses and groups to park from 6pm to 6am every night of the week and from 6am Sunday to 6am Monday.
The reduced rate will be a welcome relief to workers ahead of Westminster Council’s introduction of weekend and evening parking charges for on-street parking in Marylebone and the West End on January 9.
Westminster parking boss Cllr Lee Rowley said: “We are listening to concerns from the public and as promised we will continue to plot a positive way forward in addressing those concerns.
“This new deal will benefit those that work late into the night as much as those travelling to church on a Sunday afternoon.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “In contrast to the congestion on our streets we have also found that off-street car parks contain hundreds of empty spaces outside of working hours.”
The council says more than 2,500 spaces will be made available for �5 at the 15 car parks located within the new on-street charging area.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
Businesses and organisations who want to sign up for the deal can contact NCP London on 0207 406 6916.