Westminster parking reprieve for evening and weekend workers
Westminster’s evening and Sunday workers will be able to park all night for �5 after a new car park deal was launched.
All 50 London car parks – including 15 in the West End – run by National Car Parks NCP will allow employees from registered businesses and groups to park from 6pm to 6am every night of the week and from 6am Sunday to 6am Monday.
The reduced rate will be a welcome relief to workers ahead of Westminster Council’s introduction of weekend and evening parking charges for on-street parking in Marylebone and the West End on January 9.
Westminster parking boss Cllr Lee Rowley said: “We are listening to concerns from the public and as promised we will continue to plot a positive way forward in addressing those concerns.
“This new deal will benefit those that work late into the night as much as those travelling to church on a Sunday afternoon.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “In contrast to the congestion on our streets we have also found that off-street car parks contain hundreds of empty spaces outside of working hours.”
The council says more than 2,500 spaces will be made available for �5 at the 15 car parks located within the new on-street charging area.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 10 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
Businesses and organisations who want to sign up for the deal can contact NCP London on 0207 406 6916.