Westminster Lord Mayor struts her stuff on the dancefloor
Cllr Susie Burbridge enjoyed herself at Halloween celebrations in Lisson Grove
The Lord Mayor of Westminster put on her dancing shoes and strutted her stuff at an over-50s Halloween dance in Lisson Grove last week.
Lord Mayor Cllr Susie Burbridge got into the swing of things when she joined a line-dancing session at the Greenside Community Centre.
The club’s organiser, Dolly Cuthbert, said: “The minute she got there, she was up on the floor dancing and joining in.
“It was wonderful. She loved it.
“I’ve invited her to the Christmas party in December.”
Almost 100 people attended the event dressed in Halloween hats and masks and enjoyed a feast for lunch.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 6 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 7 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 8 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 9 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 10 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
“It was fantastic,” said Ms Cuthbert.
“I have never seen so much food. There was everything you can think of.”