Plans to rebuild and expand North Maida Vale care home with flats
- Credit: Westminster Council
A care home in North Maida Vale is set to be demolished and rebuilt with additional new “affordable” flats by Westminster Council.
Carlton Dene Care Home, in Kilburn Park Road, would be replaced by a six-storey block with a central courtyard, containing 65 flats for individual care home residents.
As part of the new site, residents in the new Carlton Dene care home will receive visits from onsite carers between two and four times a day.
The new building will also have an adjoining six-storey block of 22 new “affordable” rent flats.
Planning documents showed that the scheme will include new communal areas such as a café and landscaped gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Carlton Dene was given a “good” rating by industry regulator the Care Quality Commission when inspectors visited in January 2020.
The council aims to secure planning permission from its planning committee by late March.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
To comment on the plans, visit the council’s online planning portal using the reference number 20/08040/FULL.
- A previous version of this story said the plan was to replace the North Maida Vale care home with flats, rather than rebuild and expand it. This website is happy to set the record straight.