West Hampstead teenager wins national Jewish volunteer award
- Credit: Archant
A West Hampstead teenager has won a national Jewish volunteering award for her work with disabled children and the elderly.
Leora Robinson, 18, won recognition at The Wohl Jewish Volunteering Network (JVN) awards on Monday (September 8) at JW3, in Finchley Road.
Leora started volunteering at Jewish care home Edinburgh House in Wembley after regularly visiting her grandfather there.
Inspired by the people she met, she then signed up to work with disabled children at Jewish charity Norwood.
Leora, who received the Children’s Aid Committee Young Volunteer Award, said: “It made me happy to see them smile.
Leader of the opposition and Dartmouth Park resident Ed Miliband praised volunteers’ “generosity of spirit”.
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet